Mk1 Xantia wiper relay

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

admiral51
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: C5 X7 2009 2.0 HDI VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
C4 2010 2.0 HDi Exclusive VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Mk1 Xantia wiper relay

Post by admiral51 »

i have a 1994 L plate xantia which has an annoying (to me anyway :lol: ) problem with the wipers.
the wipers work fine on normal/fast/single wipe and the washer jets work but i cannot get the intermittent wipe or the 3 flick wipe when using the washers.the rear screnn wiper works 100% as it should

i know the rear wiper has a relay on the motor do the front ones have the same and if so how do i get to it :oops: :oops:

i have pulled all relays from under steering shroud area but still wipers front and back work in the above fashion
looking forward to some helpful advice :D :D

cheers

Colin
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Colin,

You have a PM...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Maaaahtin

Post by Maaaahtin »

I have the same problem as the original poster.

Can I get the solution as well?
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Maaaahtin wrote:I have the same problem as the original poster.

Can I get the solution as well?
I'll dig out the circuits and locations and post them up for you Maaaahtin. That'll help us solve the problem.

What year is your MK1? There are subtle differences by the year on wiring diagrams and locations.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...