I'm back in the fold.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Stuart McB
My Cars:

I'm back in the fold.

Post by Stuart McB »

Well if any of you remember me I left the forum a few years back after buying a used Mazda 323 (BA) Great car with no little problems unlike my Citroens. The wife was running a Reno Megane Soft top and then traded up to a Megane CC. I then went and traded up to another Mazda 323 (BJ) which has not missed a beat for over 18 months. The Reno on the other hand became a pain. With more rattles in the roof than ciggies in a pack of 20. So as I now have a little girl who's now 2 and nearly a half, the wife dropped the Reno and bought a Citroen C4, SX 1.4 model. It does the job far better than the Reno and seems as well built as the Mazda. How ever..... A change in jobs for me has meant my little 30 mile a day to and from work drive is now an 80 mile a day drive. The Mazda for all it's auto climate control . ABS, leather etc was only doing 35 to 38 MPG, and that was with proper Mazda servicing and a free flow K&N filter. So this week end I became the owner (once again) of an 1997,'R' reg ZX TD SX. One local owner by me with 113k on the clock and a full get this Citroen service history!!!. I couldn't believe my eyes, full Citroen service history with all the stamps. Now with 11 months MOT,6 months Tax and some insurance for me I've paid the sum of £900 for the car. A little more than I want too but I think this one aint a lemon. The Mazda is now snuggled in the garage for the winter. And tomorrow the ZX gets a wash 'n' wax and if the wife aint looking an oil 'n' filter change and interior clean. Good to be back guys 'n' girls. :lol:
The wifes got a C4 I've got a ZX TD SX!!!!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Welcome back Stuart :D

Sounds like a good deal you have there. Never worry about paying what seems a lot for a decent example. Buy cheaper and the cost of sorting it out soon surpasses what a good example might cost to begin with.

Just goes to show; once a Citroen owner, always a Citroen owner :lol:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Cheers for the reply mate. I can smell the engine oil from here in the house. She's out there calling me. The wifes worried she'll become a Citroen widow again :)
The wifes got a C4 I've got a ZX TD SX!!!!
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

I bought a ZX td estate for my wife over three years ago, only about 75k miles, looked like new and still does. I paid a lot of money for it (by my standards) nearly £2k but in 3 years + all its needed apart from regular oil changes, is a back box and a couple of windscreen wiper blades.