Rear Beam Advice

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Guru Meditation

Rear Beam Advice

Post by Guru Meditation »

I have found something else to worry about on my car, at last! I went about two days without worrying about anything so I was starting to enjoy it too much so I had to find something.
I want some advice on my rear beam (1.9td zx aura 93k). I have noticed that the offside rear is lower than the nearside by my estimation by appx 5-10mm. It is pretty slight but is noticeable to the eye. Having had the wheel off several times I have inspected the inner arch and tyre and there is no sign of there ever having been any rubbing at all so that's good news. Also there is no particularly noticeable bad camber on the wheel (ie not looking like |\ or /\ etc). The suspension still moves freely (bouncing it on the towbar) and it doesn't make any audible creaking. Don't seem to have had any problem with it when the car is loaded with a couple of peeps etc. I don't drive the car too hard and rarely carry a full load but will occasionally carry five peeps plus stuff in the boot etc.
Question is is it rebuild time? Was thinking of doing it this summer hopefully not too late by then (I'm no stranger to Peugeot/Citroen beams my 1.6gti beam went bye bye, cross tube went oval so couldn't be repaired). Is this the first sign of a failing rear beam or is it just natural wear nothing to worry about or something else even??
Please help a tortured soul!
Guru Meditation
David W
My Cars:

Post by David W »

GM,
Not a tired drivers side front spring (not uncommon) making the whole car lean to the o/side?
David
Guru Meditation

Post by Guru Meditation »

Hmmm...now there's a thought never considered that. Best way to check that is a front ride height check I suppose??
Thanks
Guru Meditation