xantia central locking.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

howzat
My Cars:

xantia central locking.

Post by howzat »

The drivers door on my MK2 xantia will not lock using the remote control. It can, however, be locked by means of the key which also locks the other doors via the central locking system.
It appears that the motor within the lock does not operate. I have removed the lock and attepted to dismantle it without success. I removed the three screws and bent back the metal retainer but it would not come apart. I did not want to wreck it as it is still useable.
Does anyone know what type of motor is used to operate the locking mechanism and how do you get at it. Any suggestions most welcome.
It is a year 2000 xantia .
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

I have exactly the same issue on my 99V plate but it doesn't bother me that much as its only happened since the temps went deep down cold so im waiting for the warmer weather to see if it either clears up or i have to strip it out and repair it. Have you tested to ensure there is a voltage getting to the motor itself incase its a dodgey bit of cable as the drivers door does get the most wear on it?
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

Citroen published a "Info-Rapid" on this, the cause is that the motor cover has been overtightened. The remedy is to slacken the screw in the corner of the motor cover (the one nearest to the electric connector) by half a turn.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH