Help in fitting avegidiesel twin tank

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

juppy

Help in fitting avegidiesel twin tank

Post by juppy »

I have bought a vegidiesel twin tank conversion kit and as I have just had a look under the bonnet todo some ground work to decide where i am going to put everything. The helpful chap at Vegidiesel Andrew i think his name was, was at a bit of a loss as to where to put the solenoid valves as his car was an older Xantia than mine and does not have an ecu in the way! I have discovered though if I remove the airbox and fit a K&N which was a 57i kit that i had fitted to my 1.8i Xsara a few years ago there is plenty of room to fit the valvesd. My next problem is where to "T" into the heater hoses! They seem pretty inaccesible. I started the car and put the heater on to hot and tried to feel which one got hot first, I think it is the passenger side one of the two hoses.
has anyone fitted one of these kits to a late 1.9TD Xantia, if so am I correct with my deduction of which hose is which and also where did you T into the water system for the heat exchanger.
many thanks in advance.
howiedean
My Cars:

Re: Help in fitting avegidiesel twin tank

Post by howiedean »

juppy wrote:I have bought a vegidiesel twin tank conversion kit and as I have just had a look under the bonnet todo some ground work to decide where i am going to put everything. The helpful chap at Vegidiesel Andrew i think his name was, was at a bit of a loss as to where to put the solenoid valves as his car was an older Xantia than mine and does not have an ecu in the way! I have discovered though if I remove the airbox and fit a K&N which was a 57i kit that i had fitted to my 1.8i Xsara a few years ago there is plenty of room to fit the valvesd. My next problem is where to "T" into the heater hoses! They seem pretty inaccesible. I started the car and put the heater on to hot and tried to feel which one got hot first, I think it is the passenger side one of the two hoses.
has anyone fitted one of these kits to a late 1.9TD Xantia, if so am I correct with my deduction of which hose is which and also where did you T into the water system for the heat exchanger.
many thanks in advance.
I tapped into the oil cooler supply with this heater 1st as shown however (left arrow), I changed to a supply arrowed near the airfilter that provided hot water nearly straight away as it is before the thermostat. To the rear of the filter housing there is a pipe that runs to the rear of the engine.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a254/hjd10/car.jpg

Any other ideas?

Regards
Howie

2006 Fiat Idea Dynamic 1.3 Multijet
2010 Renault Laguna Dynamique tom tom 2.0 DCI 130
C5 VTR 2l 8v HDI Estate 112000 miles gone
Kia Rio 2007 1.5 CRDI 62,000 miles gone
2001 Dodge Durango 4.7 V8 170,000 miles gone
1999 Ford Crown Victoria 4.6 V8 151,000 miles gone