Sunroof being very naughty

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

elma
My Cars: Undisclosed

Sunroof being very naughty

Post by elma »

Since I bought my car the sunroof would only move to the tilt position but would not move the other way without using the allen key thing. When trying to move the other way the relay would make a horrible high pitched noise.
No problem I thought, replace the relay. So yesterday I got another one from a scrap yard. Sunroof started to work, but would jam halfway open and make the same noise. It did this twice then reverted to its previous state.
The new relay seems dead in one direction now just like the old one.
Obviously I need to free up the sunroof as it must be to stiff for the motor.
Has anyone ever had this happen? I'm not sure if I've just overloaded the relay or if something more sinister is going on. I dont suspect the motor as it works perfectly in one direction so should be fine.
MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Post by MikeT »

My drivers electric window has started to occasionally make a similar noise in one direction only. I wonder if it's related to your probem? Keep us posted please. But I would urge you to give the mechanism a good lubing anyway. I did this to a previous car and it made a world of difference to the action, not to mention to my paranoia about it failing when open!