Stereo - will I need a code?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

MikeO

Stereo - will I need a code?

Post by MikeO »

I want to disconnect the stereo on my 1999 Xantia today, in order to fit a hands free Bluetooth device. Is it coded? It's a standard Xantia stereo with a disc shuffler in the boot. My previous Xantia (1994) had a coded stereo, but I read somewhere that the newer models are coded to the VIN number, or something. I received no documentation with the car, so I would like to know what to do before I disconnect it...

Cheers,

Mike O:)
reblack68
My Cars:

Post by reblack68 »

I think it is. I have a 2000 Xantia with the single disc head unit and it turned out to be coded.
Richard

No French cars of my own at present.
Care of a 1994 205 D.
MikeO

Post by MikeO »

Damn. Does anyone have an idea about how I find the code without the documentation? Would a main dealer be able to find it via the VIN number?

Mike :(
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

Some dealers will do it for free, others may charge. Alternatively you can try independants to give you the code from the radio serial number.

I did buy a program for doing this myself but as yet it's been,,,,,,useless!! If you wish to try it pm me the serial number of your radio and I'll see what it churns out.

Have you pulled the radio out to see whether it's been written on the side of the radio?
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
MikeO

Post by MikeO »

DickieG wrote:Some dealers will do it for free, others may charge. Alternatively you can try independants to give you the code from the radio serial number.

I did buy a program for doing this myself but as yet it's been,,,,,,useless!! If you wish to try it pm me the serial number of your radio and I'll see what it churns out.

Have you pulled the radio out to see whether it's been written on the side of the radio?
I've not done anything yet :D - I wrote the code on the side of my old Xantia's stereo - I think I'll check that, and get back to you with the serial number if there's nothing else written there - thanks...

Mike Image
reblack68
My Cars:

Post by reblack68 »

I've tried one of these calculators on mine but it didn't work. I bought the calculator on eBay but so far it has only worked on Ford units.
Richard

No French cars of my own at present.
Care of a 1994 205 D.
MikeO

Post by MikeO »

Just sent you a PM Dickie...

MikeO

Post by MikeO »

Just found a number written on a sticker next to the stereo inside - I'm going to try it & see what happens - wish me luck!

Mike :D
Brian UK
My Cars:

Post by Brian UK »

What make is the radio? Clarion can be decoded from the serial number, but Philips requires reading the Eprom in the radio.
Brian.
MikeO

Post by MikeO »

...and it worked!

Thanks for all the input!