Citroen 1.4 ZX Oil Leak

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

xxx
My Cars:

Citroen 1.4 ZX Oil Leak

Post by xxx »

I've got oil seeping out from the rocker cover - I only noticed it yesterday afternoon after a trip so the engine was a bit hot and I couldn't poke around too much.
I'm pretty sure it was down to a blocked breather hose and/or not putting the dipstick back properly.
I'm going to replace the rocker cover gasket as well, just in case. Is it advisable to use gasket sealant as well when replacing this?
Thanks all
CITMAN
My Cars:

Post by CITMAN »

I also have a Citroen ZX 1.4i. I dont no what year it is because on mine the dipstick tube is on the left, but on earlier ones its on the right nearest the cambelt.
The oil leak you refer to from the rocker cover is easily fixed, done it on mine when checking the valve clearances. Follow the Haynes manual and you can't go wrong. But dont lever the cover off with a screw driver or you will damage it and the head.
THe 1.4 engines also leak oil from the corner of hear gasket nearest the cambelt under the exhaust manifold. This is common problem, and if oil is not on the cambelt then dont worry about it.