beeping ZX radio

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

deian

beeping ZX radio

Post by deian »

Hi all,

I recently had a look at why the radio in my ZX needed screws holding it in place, so I took them out and had a fiddle. Then comes up another issue, basically since I had the car the radio has been anything but abysmal in sound quality. So I noticed some idiot has done a botch job on the wiring, it still sounds flat with a rewire.

Anyway... point is, to do this I had to disconnect the plug in the back therefore taking out the power, now then, the code was written on the bottom, so when I switched it on I typed the code in and pressed 5 to say yes (i think that is what I'm supposed to do). The radio then worked, but it kept beeping at me every few seconds, and then switched itself off. So I switched it back on, typed the code in, and it works, and does the same thing again. But the funny thing is I can type any code in and it works.

What's going on. I reckon the radio is a bit broken myself, especially with the manky sound coming from it.

Your input would be very much appreciated.

Thanks
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

To accept the code and stop it beeping you need to press the 4-way button (The one at the top left of the radio that does the search and functions) in the up direction. I don't think the ZX radios are as sophisticated as the Xantia ones, and just beep until the right code is entered and accepted.
Richard W
deian

Post by deian »

ok, i will try that, thanks