Disable keypad on the S and C type keypad

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

pprado
My Cars:

Disable keypad on the S and C type keypad

Post by pprado »

Hi guys...

My Xantia has a keypac that has only the numbers and 2 letter keys - C and S.

I know how to change the password, but I wanted to disable it. According to the manual, it could be done holding the N/C key on other models.

Does anyone know how to disable the keypad on this model?

EDIT: I found some related posts, including one telling something about a service mode. How can I enable service mode?
-----
Pedro Prado
admiral51
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: C5 X7 2009 2.0 HDI VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
C4 2010 2.0 HDi Exclusive VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Post by admiral51 »

the service mode is actually just another code put into the keypad so that mechanics dont know your main code.

once the code has been put in and accepted i think it goes like this

put your code in
press s and enter service code

all this does is that the service code will be accepted by the immobiliser until your main code is entered.

once main code entered car will no longer accept service code until you do the above

i have heard that by having the engine running and then unplugging keypad when restarting car the keypad is bypassed but dont quote me on that :? :lol:

colin
slim123

Post by slim123 »

On my old banger Xantia (1997 diesel) I simply put in the code and started as normal, then removed the keypad and dissconected the wiring block from the back, put the keypad back into place and it is now ignored, I just get in the car and start it without the silly number thing.

If you ever decide to use it again, it can be recconected and it should remain as the last code that was used, but I dont think that I will ever be finding out!!!

Of course you are no longer protected by an immobiliser and there may be an insurance issue if the car was stolen.

Regards
Slim
admiral51
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: C5 X7 2009 2.0 HDI VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
C4 2010 2.0 HDi Exclusive VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Post by admiral51 »

thanks slim looks like some of my memory is still intact :D :D

colin
reblack68
My Cars:

Post by reblack68 »

I don't know if this works on the petrol versions though.
Richard

No French cars of my own at present.
Care of a 1994 205 D.
pprado
My Cars:

Post by pprado »

Hi,

Thanks for the replies. I'll reset the code to 0001 or 0000, and try the keypad trick.

I want to use another immobiliser...

[]s
-----
Pedro Prado