1997 MK2 Xantia 1.9TD, bypassing stop solenoid info needed

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

pugbus
My Cars:

Post by pugbus »

:) Hi masood ,

If you've still got a key with that is capable of starting the car then I'd have thought that there'll be a small chip that can be removed and makes no difference to the remote alarm central locking , I've removed the chip for people in your same situation were they only have one key , remove chip and tape it to the receiver that is fixed around the ignition barrel , after doing this any copied key will start the car ,,
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

you dont need to keep the imobaliser ECU at all,

i have done this on my R reg 1.9TD and the de/armouring in situe,

and she is still running with no problems,

one of the wires in the square black 4 pin plug that the imobaliser ECU plugs into is an ignition switched live, make a short lead up to link this to the top of the solanoid shut off valve, your key pad will now be redundant,

were abouts are you

regards malcolm
pugbus
My Cars:

Post by pugbus »

:) The following write up could be made a sticky as it also applies to other vehicles and not just from the PSA stable :)

Hi , I got these pumps in and thought it be good to show how some people remove or cut them open ,, sometimes it can be done neatly with out removing the pump , very careful on the Bosch pumps= just above were the shut off solenoid is , there is the fuelling adjuster screw ( arrowed in pic ) which is surrounded by the immobiliser shielding if you hit the shielding with hammer and chisel you may damage the top of the pump ,, there'll be a circuit board that needs to be pulled out so you can access the shut-off solenoid ,, to do this job correctly I'd remove the pump and withdraw the anti tamper snap head bolts .

Using the older D Turbo pumps will make the later cars go better because to keep with emissions over the years the fuelling screw has been backed off ,
my last 306 DW8 you had to plan in your diary if you wanted to overtake another vehicle , so I wound the fuelling screw in ( removed the shielding first ) a good bit keeping within emissions , it would then keep up with a 205d Turbo , I did this when the car had 32k miles on and gave the car to the father inlaw at 84k miles only missing a beat when the shut-off valve failed

Lucas

early Bosch without shielding

romie
My Cars:

Post by romie »

Sorry for being slightly off topic but I do feel this is related and I'm only after a short reply.

right - ECU removed with pump in situ!!

Removed plastic beside outside snap-off bolt allowing a screwdriver to be chiselled into the bolt slowly turning it out bit by bit.

For some reason the other snap off bolt was loose and so used a piece of steel tubing filed out to fit snug over the remaining snap off bolt and turned it out.

(I'll post some pictures up of this after work).

Removing the shear off tamper 'proof' bolts with pump in situ...

The hole in ecu is around 9.4mm and around 15mm deep.

hope this helps

I've removed the inners to the stop solenoid and put everything back together but the xantia is still won't start normally.

I've cracked off the pipe feeding one of the injectors but I only get a very small - not very noticeable - amount of fuel going to the injector.

Is the amount of fuel that should be being fed to the injectors obvious by eye or is it such a small amount that it's rather unnoticeable?

Anyone got a video of the amount of fuel that should be coming from this point?

I might try taking the injector out - re-attaching the feed pipe and monitoring the output of the injector but I'm still unsure to the quantities or pressures I'm looking for in this distributed pumped system.

Any ideas on what I should be looking for?

Many thanks