C5 Sphere change

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

WRB
My Cars:

C5 Sphere change

Post by WRB »

Hi,

I am new to this forum so, please be kind if I see rather ignorant...
I have a new C5 HDI estate and have just ordered a set of comfort spheres for it. I know that changing spheres has been covered quite a lot on this forum but their is one thing that does not seem to ever have been mentioned.
I have a downloaded dealers handbook that tells you how to manually depresurise the system but also states that the fluid reservoir is presurised to 5 bar, and says that it needs to be repreasurised using some kind of speacial attachment.
Can anyone who has changed spheres on a C5 shed any light on this

thanks for your help

Warren
(melbourne, Australia)
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Are you sure it's not 0.5 bar ?

this can be done by attatching a coolant system pressure tester to the reservoir. to be honest i dont think you wil need to bother, a few low - high cycles should do it.
WRB
My Cars:

Post by WRB »

Thats Right - .5 bar
Thanks for your reply, I was hoping that it is just a case of doing some citroen aerobics to presurise the reservoir as well as bleed the air out of the system

cheers

Warren
mooseshaver
My Cars:

Post by mooseshaver »

I've removed the top, and topped up my fluid without any problems. the next time i unscrewed to check it did hiss from being under pressure. Perhaps all you need to do it Citrobatics.
C5 III Tourer 2.0 HDi 163 Auto Exclusive
Gone cars.
C5 2.2 HDi Exclusive Estate auto 57. Awesome car. Sadly Could not be fixed by Citroen.
C5 1.6 HDi VTR Estate 56. Traded in.
C5 2.2 HDi SX Estate 02. Drowned in the floods of 09.
C3 1.4 HDi 92 SX 52.
Saxo 1.1 East Coast.