A thank you post.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

XantiaMan
My Cars:

A thank you post.

Post by XantiaMan »

Not sure of what section to post this in but it is Citroen related..

I purchased what was believed to be a 4030 stereo for my Xantia from Admiral51, unfortunatly it turned out to be a 3030 (both have a jack on the front), he quickly and politely dealt with the situation by giving me a refund on most of it, letting me keep the 3030 and saving me postage.

So thanks to Colin for being an honest decent chap and i would highly recommend him for future transactions.

Gareth
2003 Ford Mondeo ST220
2002 Ford Fiesta Zetec S
2001 Ford Puma 1.7 VCT
2008 Ford Transit Mk7
http://www.facebook.com/kidmans" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
admiral51
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: C5 X7 2009 2.0 HDI VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
C4 2010 2.0 HDi Exclusive VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Post by admiral51 »

there is a saying that it takes two to tango and i would like to reciprocate by saying gareth has been very polite in understanding my ignorance on xantia stereos and dealt with the situation in a very friendly manner.

someone i would have no hesitation in dealing with again........................
assuming i can identify the right parts that is :lol:

colin
Sturdybloke

Post by Sturdybloke »

The 3030 is not that bad mind. I bought one for my Xantia (someone removed it and put in a 2030) seems to be quite a good radio for a standard fit system.

And I tip my hat to Colin. Thats why this forum excells above others - likeminded people who help eachother and not rip them off.

Cheers - Craig.
deian

Post by deian »

:D I agree. Nice forum, nice people, all helps to run the challenging Citroen cars, although i've not many challenges yet. Bring on the XM :twisted:
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

The speakers found in a VSX are substantially better rated than all others!!
Worth digging out some for the propper fitment/ease of installation and the
sound IS well worth the trouble!! :wink:

Andrew
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

Come on deian, the're not that bad! :lol: :lol:
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

As I'm associated with several forums (I know, I should get out more) I must endorse the comments made.
My job is basically to try to keep the whole show running smoothly for which I have to thank the moderators for their efforts, but my role as overseer means I also have to keep the spammers at bay, all 357 million of them, sooth the members I occasionally accidentally ban when I'm booting spammers out (yes, it does happen unfortunately) :oops: :oops: and adjudicate on anything that needs a third party's intervention, and I have to say, that this is possibly by far the best behaved forum I'm involved in.
I hope it stays that way for everyone's benefit as there's a mountain of knowledge within these walls. :wink:

Alan S

Administrator
RIP Sept 19th 2008.

She said "Put the cat out" She didn't mention it was on fire!!
elma
My Cars: Undisclosed

Post by elma »

Also the visual difference between the 3030 and 4030 is easy to remember. THe 3030 has a button in the top left which has a picture of a treble clef on it (funny musical sign). THe 4030 looks the same except the top left button says "mode" instead.
XantiaMan
My Cars:

Post by XantiaMan »

andmcit wrote:The speakers found in a VSX are substantially better rated than all others!!
Worth digging out some for the propper fitment/ease of installation and the
sound IS well worth the trouble!! :wink:

Andrew
Activa the same?

Gareth
2003 Ford Mondeo ST220
2002 Ford Fiesta Zetec S
2001 Ford Puma 1.7 VCT
2008 Ford Transit Mk7
http://www.facebook.com/kidmans" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

I was about to say are the speakers in an Exclusive/VSX/Activa all the same then as i have a Exclusive nearby being broken but there isn't much left of it i'm afraid.