C2 HDi. Any good?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Village
My Cars:

C2 HDi. Any good?

Post by Village »

the Missus and I are considering swapping my ZX TD for a smaller more economical car (for Shaz) and I get lumbered with the Vectra Estate. We both like the look of the C2, and the HDi appeals coz its an oil burner.

The question is "is it and good?"

all opinions greatfully recieved (even ones about not chipping it or fitting bugger wheels).

Thanks in advance
Pete
French car free zone....
bencowell

Post by bencowell »

I drove one! It isn't too quick, but is very economical. While 0-60 isn't impressive, in gear acceleration is good and the car is relaxing to drive. It is not as well sound proofed as my C5, but isn't unpleasant at all.

The front seats are comfy and there is plenty of leg and elbow room at the expense of rear seat passengers.

It was a courtesy car for 2 days.
Currently driving a 2004 C5 VTR (old shape) and an Electric Kia Soul. Sorry but the electric one is my favourite!
Formerly Hyundai Genesis 3.8 V6, 2 x Kia Optima, 2 x C5, Xsara and Saxo.
Mads
My Cars:

Post by Mads »

I own a C3 with the 8v HDI engine. I use it to commute to and from work, about 45-50 miles / day.

As "Bencowell" says, it is not a formula 1 car, but it cruses OK at about 80miles/hour while maintaining descent acceleration and doing about 60 miles/gallon on average 8). It is fairly noisy (bearable) at motorway speeds, at lower speeds the engine has a very nice soft sound. Personally I think the engine is a little jewel. :wink: Breaks are good with a very efficient brake assistant. The rest of the car is OK, but I find some of the trimming etc. to be a little cheap and less than perfectly robust. Seats are OK without being luxurious, easy access in the front row and compared to my old ZX, you have a higher and better view from the drivers seat. It is very easy to handle and a real treat to park.

When it was new I had a problem with a too tense alternator belt (fixed under warranty) and bad drop links (fixed under warranty). Had to replace a headlight due to ingress of water, I think it was my own fault because I failed to put the lid on correctly after replacing a headlight bulb :oops: Speaking of witch: Changing the headlight bulbs is not much fun :cry: Especially the bulb behind the battery is really nasty.

All in all I think it is a very nice car for commuting and city traffic. I guess it is about the most economical car you can get short of an electrical car.
Mads

C3 1.4HDi, 2003, 85000km
Xantia 2.0 16v Estate, 1997, 195000km