ABS Problem

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Bren
My Cars:

ABS Problem

Post by Bren »

The dreaded mot is due on Friday and my ABS light is illuminated.Any ideas? I am hoping it is only a sensor - I have noticed under hard braking the front O/S brakes seem to grab a little. If it is only a sensor does anybody have an idea how much ?I have pre-warned the tester of the cars problem and he will have a look first.I could try removing fuses for the ABS but I dont feel comfortable carrying my two - year old around in a car with brakes that are not 100%.Any thoughts would be appreciated.
96'Xantia 1.9 td estate
93'gsxr- 750
85' Rover 3500 (work in progress)
admiral51
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: C5 X7 2009 2.0 HDI VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
C4 2010 2.0 HDi Exclusive VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Post by admiral51 »

the brakes should work normally without abs even if you remove the fuse but that wont help you pass the MOT as it will show up as not working i think it can fail for not having the light showing on the dash ie not doing what it should

i have seen them in GSF for £65 but thats for a hatch not been able to check for an estate but assume its about the same

there are posts on here that give the pin outs on the abs ecu so you can tell which sensors are/not working
having removed a couple of front sensors recently a good idea would be to trace the wiring back to the connector plugs and give the contacts a good clean as they are situated in just the right place to get covered in loads of crud

just remember IF YOU GET UNDER CAR MAKE SURE ITS SECURELY SEPORTED the wires run along the general direction of the drive shaft to the plugs

colin
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

TehAgent successfully replaced one of his ABS sensors.

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... hlight=abs
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool