94/95 Xantia starter motor - Info needed

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

sbraud
My Cars:

94/95 Xantia starter motor - Info needed

Post by sbraud »

Hi guys,

Does anyone out there have pictures or diagram of inside of 94/95 Xantia starter motor? You know, exploded view of its workings?

I’m about to try and service my original as it’s going intermittent on me. I guess it’s oil/dirt infiltration is I’m lucky and worn bushes if I’m not!

Any help or advice once I have motor on bench and scalpel and nurse to hand, moping brow, would be greatly appreciated!

Also, anyone know where to get hold of new bushes if needed?

Cheers
Steve

Ps No advise needed on what to do with nurse!! :lol: :lol:
95 Xantia 20/16v 155 bhp VSX 210k
97 Saxo 1.1 SX 100k
03 S-Type Jag (sorry!)
``Only standing on the shoulders of giants - The more I know, the less I understand?? Ignorance is bliss! ''
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

Its quite likely to be the brushes (if that's what you meant) you used to be able to get them from auto electrical suppliers, but I havn't done one for a very long time so dont know if you still can. The motor assembly is fairly simple, the only other contacts are on the solonoid, but they are not very easy to get at. It could just be oil ingress and it worth a clean, but make sure the brushes are long enough to protrude well out of the holders, it will be quite obvious if they are not pressing firmly on the commutator. It might be easier to get a secondhand one, or maybe a cheap new on off ebay.