Rear susp. Cylinder stiff on hand

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

pprado
My Cars:

Rear susp. Cylinder stiff on hand

Post by pprado »

I saw one post about a rear cylinder and remembered to ask.

My rear susp. cylinder´s inner cylinder was somewhat stiff to move by hand. I would need a reasonably large force to make it move - then it would move much more easily.

How is it to move yours? Very easy, little stiff, very stiff?

Right now if I push the car´s rear to the ground it goes... I may be chasing ghosts but wanted to ask hehe
-----
Pedro Prado
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

rear cylinders inner cylinder = cylinder piston ? :?: :idea:

does not sound right to me that this should not move easy.
The piston is (should be !) a clean piece of polished tube that slides in the LHM filled cylinder cavity. The seals are located on the inner side of the cylinder wall, i.e. not moving.
The cylinder piston is then always kept lubed, as with car in low, the piston is puhed well & truly home into the cylinder thus covering the piston surface with LHM.

You dont by any chance mean the piston rod ?
This can stick in the moveable end joint in the arm, if its not lubed.
Method is to fill the rubber bellow with some LHM, and work the LHM around by pressing/working on the bellow.
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
pprado
My Cars:

Post by pprado »

Yes Anders.. the inner piston. Thanks I am loosing words today :)

It did not sound right to me when I tested it, also... but when on the car, I could not feel any resistence to move the rear, so I was thinking that was stiff for my weak arm but not for the car´s rear height...

If the rear piston should move easily then mine certainly has some problem :-(

The interesting part on this is that it was the same feel on all of its travel - maybe it means the top of the piston has "expanded" ?

Has anyone tried repariring one of those? It seems a simple (but precise) work...

(edit: included word FEEL. it was not clear)
-----
Pedro Prado