ZX 1.9D (non turbo) engine swap.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

alanshep

ZX 1.9D (non turbo) engine swap.

Post by alanshep »

Hello.

I recently tried to drive through a flood in this car and managed to suck water into the engine. After recovery the engine is running again but smokes badly and is down on power.

I am thinking of changing the engine. My car is a 1992 with the belt driven vacuum pump. Ideally the replacement engine will have the same arrangement but if necessary is it easy enough to fit an engine with the camshaft mounted pump? Does anybody know what extra work / bits are involved?

Thanks in advance.

Alan.
ZX Diesel 1992.
Peugeot 205 1.1 1990.
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

I think all you do is remove the existing pump and connect the hose from the servo to the pump on the end of the head.
jeremy
weety
My Cars:

Re: ZX 1.9D (non turbo) engine swap.

Post by weety »

alanshep wrote:Hello.

I recently tried to drive through a flood in this car and managed to suck water into the engine. After recovery the engine is running again but smokes badly and is down on power.

I am thinking of changing the engine. My car is a 1992 with the belt driven vacuum pump. Ideally the replacement engine will have the same arrangement but if necessary is it easy enough to fit an engine with the camshaft mounted pump? Does anybody know what extra work / bits are involved?

Thanks in advance.

Alan.
whereabouts are you? i know someone about to sell/scrap a zx with a good engine in it in the kent area
M reg xantia 1.9td 266000 miles expired
R reg xantia 1.9td 186000 miles veggy power expired
L reg renault clio 1.9D 91000 miles expired at 107000 miles
x reg clio 15d veggy power bottom of the car rotted through
06 c5 2.2 TD wowser so much power and comfort 160000 miles
alanshep

Post by alanshep »

Hello Weety.

I'm in the Reading area. Might be interested in collecting from Kent. I'll e-mail your address.

Thanks

Alan
ZX Diesel 1992.
Peugeot 205 1.1 1990.