Headlight Beam Deflectors

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Daveyb
My Cars:

deflectors

Post by Daveyb »

Have 98 synergie myself and could not buy ready made deflectors anywhere.went to Citroen dealer who gave me a photo copied template for my synergie and some black stickyback plastic to make them with.My ones are like two square boxes about 1 1/2 inch square joined top right of one to bottom left of the other by small strip 1/4 inch approx the photo copy also showed where to place them on the lens.Have never seen any other vehicle with anything similar and they look peculilar.But they do the job and I have never been stopped in europe in 5 years extensive travel.Also as the template comes from the dealer I would hope it is correct .
Good luck
Davyb
1998 Synergie Exclusive 140k miles
Daveyb
Brian UK
My Cars:

Post by Brian UK »

If you go to a Citroen dealer and ask for a pair of headlight protectors, you will get same with little marks on them and a couple of bits of black sticky tape to stick on the marks, for driving on the continent. Peugeot do just the same.
I have never seen any information about beam deflectors not cutting out light, all I have ever seen is the requirement that lights must not dazzle oncoming drivers, which masking readily acheives.
If the main dealers provide masks, that's good enough for me. I acually have the protectors, as I can then put them on whenever I go to France. Saves a fortune on the little things Halfordes sell.
By the way, that leaflet you are given at Dover etc, is full of mis-information. You do NOT require fluorescent waistcoats for France, but you do for Spain, Italy and Austria, according to the written instructions on a safety kit I bought in France last week.
Brian.
den169
My Cars:

Post by den169 »

Just been down to Tesco's and there selling flourescent jackets for £2 just got a couple,Better to be on the safe side.
Brian UK
My Cars:

Post by Brian UK »

Well when I was in France a few weeks ago Bricomarche were selling safety kits comprising two safety triangles and two safety vests for €8.

By the way, if anyone with a Xsara II wants a pair of headlight protectors, complete with fittings and little black sticky back patches, I have a pair.
Brian.