Citroen Xantia choice - help

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

andmcit wrote:
citrojim wrote: The big problem is, we need a dead 2.1 to experiment with :wink:
Seen my mention of the Xm offered in the 2.1 thread? Interested!!!?
Everyone could benefit rather than see good parts going to waste...

Andrew
Hi Andrew,

That would be the perfect development mule! What pump does it currently have? I'd love to but my problem is space as well as the distance :( I've only just got room for three of my fleet and my TD lives at another residence as it is :roll: The only reason I could do Ian's car was beacuse the neighbours were away and I could "borrow" their driveway :lol:

Anyone fancy taking the challange? I'm happy to provide all technical help and physical help if in reasonable distance.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
xf8u

Post by xf8u »

Hi to all, This morning I have done two things.
Firstly, I have located an EPIC pump at a breakers (who shall remain a secret for fear of vultures swooping in)
Secondly I have managed to locate a running 2.1 but with little mot left.

If I choose option 1 and buy the pump and it still won't start because of immobiliser, how do I sort it? Can it be sorted?

Option 2 may be the same situation but there will be an ECU and keypad already there.

Help
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

xf8u wrote:Hi to all, This morning I have done two things.
Firstly, I have located an EPIC pump at a breakers (who shall remain a secret for fear of vultures swooping in)
Secondly I have managed to locate a running 2.1 but with little mot left.

If I choose option 1 and buy the pump and it still won't start because of immobiliser, how do I sort it? Can it be sorted?

Option 2 may be the same situation but there will be an ECU and keypad already there.

Help
I'd play safe and go for option 2 personally. You then know you have everything and it all works. There is always the risk that a pump from a breakers may not be good.

We need an authoritive statement from someone who knows what is keyed to what on the immobiliser.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
jgra1
(Donor 2021)
My Cars: 2010 C5 X7 2.0 hdi 160 exc auto
MG TF 135
Boxer II 2.2 camper conversion
BMW R1200RT
BMW K1300 R
Honda V F R 800 5thG / MT500 Armstrong

Post by jgra1 »

hi all,
I once worked on a Bosch fuel pump on a 406 TD, it had Keypad Immob.

I managed to replace / and live wire the fuel cut off solenoid, after removing the solid state cut off that was fed from the ECU and keypad.

Basically I got around the fuel cut off and the car was fine afterwards..

wasn't a terrrible job but dont know if thats relevant to this 2.1 ?
weety
My Cars:

Post by weety »

the rover 420 with intercooler has a electronically driven bosch pump without intercooler it has a cable operated one
M reg xantia 1.9td 266000 miles expired
R reg xantia 1.9td 186000 miles veggy power expired
L reg renault clio 1.9D 91000 miles expired at 107000 miles
x reg clio 15d veggy power bottom of the car rotted through
06 c5 2.2 TD wowser so much power and comfort 160000 miles