Hydractive 2 Issues

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

deian

Hydractive 2 Issues

Post by deian »

Hi again.

Does my flat anti-sink/leaking anti-sink valve affect my ride quality? The ride is 'choppy/rough' (remember when i was going on about my old 2.1?, like that), but it's not bouncy as some of them get when everything is dead. Sometimes it feels vague and weird as if there is not enough pressure. When it takes a bit of weight in the back it feels 'wavy' like it's half bouncy, but it's not bouncy in the classic sense, maybe 'unpredictable' would be a better word.

When I get out it sinks instantly, not all the way down, but within the space of 10 seconds it's drops a few inches.

I know my accumulator sphere needs replacing, it's totally flat and relies totally on the pump, it ticks flat out, i can hear the valve opening and closing just cruising around town.

Another question too, it 'whistles' when it seems to be under load, when steering (more to the left than right) AND braking... when i say 'whistling' I don't mean the classic 'whooshing' you get associated with power steering in general, does this indicate a 'dying' pump due to the load on it because of my dead acc.sphere?

I assume this is a multiple replacement of parts job, or can it be one thing that can cure a few symptoms?

Thanks You
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

The antisink system has nothing to do whatsoever - with the suspension while car /engine is running.

If you have a fast ticking regulator, then the suspect candidate is always the main accumulator.

This MUST be replaced first off, before chasing any oter problems. Or chances are you are chasing shadow problems ...
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

I'd follow Anders advice, get a new accumulator sphere and do it quickly, as the pump on a V6 is unique to that engine a AFAIK is only available from Citroen @ something like £300 :shock:

The other issues with the wierd ride may be due to partially flat sphere's, allowing partial compliance/suspension movement to the point where it suddenly stops.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: -
1997 Citroen Xantia V6 (France)
1999 Citroen XM V6 ES9 (France)
2011 Peugeot 308 CC THP 155 (NZ)
1975 Jaguar XJ-S pre-HE (NZ)

Post by xantia_v6 »

On my V6, the rear HA valve sometimes does not open for the first half mile or so of driving, giving a rather choppy ride (especially as there are 5 sharp speed bumps on the road from my workplace). Lately (on those speedbumps) I have noticed a variant wherethe rear HA valve was open, but closes when going over each speed bump, then does not reopen till a second later, giving and odd lurch as the pressures equalises. Seems to be fine when warm.

Simon wrote lots about non-opening HA valves a while ago, including dismantling, and finding a (possibly) out of shape spring.

I have also read that HA valves can be reluctant to open if the regulator pressure is slightly low, and putting a washer behind the reulator spring can fix these problems. Your flat accumulator could be causing something like this.
deian

Post by deian »

acc sphere replacement it is then, thanks guys