XM Engine

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

barwood
My Cars:

XM Engine

Post by barwood »

Having just acquired a 1990 XM out of a barn, great condition but Duff 2ltr. injection lump (rumblings in the deep and running like a pig).Does anyone no if this engine was fitted to anything other than the XM (xantia,pug. etc.) Cheers
Niek
My Cars:

Post by Niek »

Hi,
As far as I know it was 'the' PSA 2.0 liter petrol engine at the time. It would therefore also have been used in the pug 605, the pug 405 (not sure if it ever had a 2.0i??), later on in the Xantia (Xantia came out in '93/'94). In '94 the new 2.0i 16v was introduced, it was improved in '95 (I think) but parrallel to this new engine the old 8v engine was still available.
What are you plannning to do? It almost sounds as if an interesting project is coming up...
Niek
barwood
My Cars:

Post by barwood »

Thanks Neik I'll have a search around to see what might fit.As a project it's not very exciting because I steam cleaned it and got rid of the mice (they had nested on top of the cylinder head)and apart from the engine and a few small scratches there's nothing wrong with it,suspension,brakes etc.all work fine,in fact the suspension stays up better than on my V6 estate thanks again Neik Bye