nearly got a bargain on ebay

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

admiral51
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: C5 X7 2009 2.0 HDI VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
C4 2010 2.0 HDi Exclusive VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

nearly got a bargain on ebay

Post by admiral51 »

hi all
first and formost a big thankyou to citrojim whom i have asked question after question before and after i bought the following link
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... &rd=1&rd=1

unfortunatly i was distacted or not as thorough as i should have been on first inspection and have landed myself with a blown headgasket xantia :oops: :oops:
no probs with seller i was offered my money back but you take your chance.............
now "oily" as she is known is going to be dismantled to make my other one a goodun 8)
i will be taking all spheres off and front/rear disks and pads as these are only 6months old (SORN since april) and maybe a few other bits and pieces inc all four wheels as these are also min of 8 mm tread and this should get me through the mot.looks like it could be a bargain after all :D :D

a/c compressor had been removed and alternator dead with a non a/c belt on it my finances will not stretch that far + headgasket and cambelt etc etc.......

my main question is this my 1.9d lx engine is a XUD9 and the dead one is a XUD9TE can i transfer the turbo etc or is that going to be a big NO NO :?

the dead one has abs and i dont have this on my lx so i may have a few bits and bobs available before it goes to be turned into tin cans

it has done 2000 miles since mot so there could be lots of useful bits 8)

5 x spheres 4 x tyres 4x discs + pads @ £150 = BARGAIN :D :D \:D/ \:D/

colin
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: nearly got a bargain on ebay

Post by CitroJim »

admiral51 wrote:my main question is this my 1.9d lx engine is a XUD9 and the dead one is a XUD9TE can i transfer the turbo etc or is that going to be a big NO NO :?
Yep, a big NO No I'm afraid Colin. There are a lot of small differences between the D and TD that add up to make a conversion a non-starter.

Principle differences are:

1. The compression ratios are different. (Lower in a Turbo) This is actived by using different pistons.

2. The camshaft is different

3. The Injection pump is different to enable it to "sense" boost pressure.

4. The pistons are cooled by oil jets.

5. I believe the conrods are different (stronger).

The only thing I'm not sure about is if the head castings are the same :?

As you say Colin, a good buy for the spares and treasures it'll offer up :)
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Ross_K
My Cars: 2009 Citroen C5 VTR+ HDi 1.6
2004 Toyota Prius
2004 Alfa Romeo 156 1.6 Twin Spark

Post by Ross_K »

Never seen those wheel trims before... 8)
ImageImage
admiral51
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 X7 2009 2.0 HDI VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
C4 2010 2.0 HDi Exclusive VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Post by admiral51 »

thanks jim as usual honest and concise advice most appreciated looks like a few more bits and bobs will be available :lol:

hey ross im a bit slow on the uptake this time of night but ill let you know when thay go on ebay 8) 8)

just a quick question oily has electic mirrors and i was curious........................is it possible to swop them without too much aggro :) :)

oh yes sorry jim but weather dont seem too good for sunday and ive 6 hours stood on the sidelines hope its better in the forest...... :oops:

colin
Sturdybloke

Post by Sturdybloke »

Looks like its in Astral blue like mine -

Admiral if you decide that you want to strip and sell some of the bodypanels then drop me a line as im looking for a couple of panels (OSF door and NSF wing) in paint code KLSCR

All the best - Craig.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Sturdybloke wrote:Looks like its in Astral blue like mine -
SNAP! Here's my TD..

My favourite colour after Dantes' Red :lol:

Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
admiral51
Donor 2023

Post by admiral51 »

hi craig

no problem with the parts cos i got time to get as much off as possible its lack of know how that creates problems :lol: :lol:

had a look and paint code is KMYCR will try and get some better pics put up for you it seems to have slightly darker/lighter panels maybe just me :oops: :oops:

colin