BX Parts prices

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

tricky ricky
My Cars:

BX Parts prices

Post by tricky ricky »

Just replaced the Ciggy lighter on my BX because the plastic bezel had disintegrated. This cost me about £3 from a motor factors. Just out of curiosity I checked service.citroen to see how much it would cost for a genuine item. Its a staggering £39.94 incl VAT.

A few other BX parts prices are a bit 'funny' on here. You would think they would lower the prices on old stock like this to get rid of it.
1987 BX16RE

1999 Xantia HDi Exclusive
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

If you have a look on ebay you may find some bargains, as this seems to be the surplus stock disposal route for some garages. I bought a rear exhaust box for my XM for £9.99, I was the only one who bid! :)
tricky ricky
My Cars:

Post by tricky ricky »

I have done well with ebay so far :wink: :wink: :wink: Some good stuff comes up now and then
1987 BX16RE

1999 Xantia HDi Exclusive
AndersDK
My Cars:

Re: BX Parts prices

Post by AndersDK »

tricky ricky wrote:Just replaced the Ciggy lighter on my BX because the plastic bezel had disintegrated. This cost me about £3 from a motor factors. Just out of curiosity I checked service.citroen to see how much it would cost for a genuine item. Its a staggering £39.94 incl VAT.

A few other BX parts prices are a bit 'funny' on here. You would think they would lower the prices on old stock like this to get rid of it.
By the time you will learn where to buy / not to buy certain type of spare parts and service items.

Buying common or garden parts genuine from your dealer like bulbs, spark plugs, relays, batteries, tyres, filters, oils etc will normally cost you an arm & leg, just to get that Citroen logo on the box or bag.
You will also learn that genuine parts are available all over as aftermarket parts - from the same OEM suppliers.
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image