Berlingo Electrique Anybody?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Ross_K
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2009 Citroen C5 VTR+ HDi 1.6
2004 Toyota Prius
2004 Alfa Romeo 156 1.6 Twin Spark

Berlingo Electrique Anybody?

Post by Ross_K »

I'm on the hunt for another van and came across this little fella with 27000 miles on:
http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cf ... rID=744899

I never knew these electric Berlingos made it to Ireland (or the UK for that matter). Has anybody had any experience with them? 75 miles on a charge seems pretty good for around-town driving... I don't think I'd fancy taking one out on a motorway though :lol:
ImageImage
wheeler
My Cars:

Re: Berlingo Electrique Anybody?

Post by wheeler »

the seller wrote:it costs almost nothing to run and there are no expensive services needed like a diesel van
maintinance on the traction batteries must be carried out every 10,000 miles,along with the service. you better hope none of the traction batteries never fail either as they cost over £3,000 each & there are 5 of them.
On the plus side though road tax is free (at the moment anyway in the UK)
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Most battery retailers can help you with far cheaper solutions than the genuine parts battery expenses.
Traction batteries with low internal resistance (high average current flows) are on a continous decline because of cellular phone and notebook PC battery delopments.

But still not yet "cheap".
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
Ross_K
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2009 Citroen C5 VTR+ HDi 1.6
2004 Toyota Prius
2004 Alfa Romeo 156 1.6 Twin Spark

Post by Ross_K »

AndersDK wrote:Most battery retailers can help you with far cheaper solutions than the genuine parts battery expenses....

...But still not yet "cheap".
That's what I feared. 8-[

I think I might stick with a more conventional means of propulsion.

Thanks for the input.
ImageImage
504GLD

Post by 504GLD »

There is an electric Peugeot Partner van and electric 106 mk2, at the Atwell Wilson Museum in Calne, Wiltshire. Both vehicles are active and are sometimes demonstrated in the grounds. I have had a ride in the van and its silent in drive, and will wheel spin away if you floor it!!!