C5 Trafficmaster

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

BIG BARRY
My Cars:

C5 Trafficmaster

Post by BIG BARRY »

Just replaced the Xantia with a 2003 C5 Exclusive. What a lovely car indeed. Only one toy doesnt work. The Trafficmaster. I know I have to subscribe for the service, no prob with that. But I cannot extract the number I need to renew. I have tried driving past loads of posts, but get nothing, only a lady telling me Traficmaster on, Trafficmaster automatic and the volume setter. The green led on the dash doesnt light at all. My local Cit dealer tells me they can reset it for £40. How, I wonder. Any help much appreciated.
please help me before I go mad.
Ross_K
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2009 Citroen C5 VTR+ HDi 1.6
2004 Toyota Prius
2004 Alfa Romeo 156 1.6 Twin Spark

Post by Ross_K »

This any good?
http://www.trafficmaster.net/PinRoot/PinRenew.asp
To obtain your licence number you need to put the unit into manual mode by pressing the Trafficmaster button twice. Once in manual mode press the button twice again and the unit will speak a six or seven digit licence number. Please make a note of this number and complete the fields below. Please note that your licence number will only be obtainable if your unit is due for renewal
ImageImage
frenchcarnut

Re: C5 Trafficmaster

Post by frenchcarnut »

BIG BARRY wrote:Just replaced the Xantia with a 2003 C5 Exclusive. What a lovely car indeed. Only one toy doesnt work. The Trafficmaster. I know I have to subscribe for the service, no prob with that. But I cannot extract the number I need to renew. I have tried driving past loads of posts, but get nothing, only a lady telling me Traficmaster on, Trafficmaster automatic and the volume setter. The green led on the dash doesnt light at all. My local Cit dealer tells me they can reset it for £40. How, I wonder. Any help much appreciated.
I never bothered with mine (which was connected). I thought, "Why pay a monthly subscription when good portable systems can be bought and used ad hoc?"