Photo of clutch cable bulkhead opening. please?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

talbotsteve
My Cars: Had, an AX, countless BX's, ZX's, Xsara's, Xantia's, Xsara Picasso's, and now only have a C4 Picasso Lounge, which drinks tooooooo much.

Photo of clutch cable bulkhead opening. please?

Post by talbotsteve »

Does anyone have a picture of where the clutch cable slots through the bulkhead from the outside, i can't find a jack so am unable to get under her at the moment to see for myself,
ta steve
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Note to readers :
Steve is fiddling with the clutch cable in his BX :)

Steve : there is an oval shaped sleeve with a guide-tube-hole for the cable. This sleeve is held against the firewall with a matching retainer ring, which in turn is fixed with 2 selfcutting screws. The screws have retaining clips not to fall out during assembly work.

The guide-tube-hole is pointing downwards som 60degrees from level. It should be possible to "hit" the hole with the new cable from below. But you must figure out a way to keep up the cable in the tube, as it will fall out again as soon as you let go.

I remember this job as a pain in my neck, shoulders and spine, as the eye on end of the cable is very entertaining to make catch over the hook on the clutch pedal arm top end. And thats the easy variant on LHD vehicles :roll:
At least its not the Xantia setup where you also need to locate a bolt in that same insane work area :shock:
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
talbotsteve
My Cars: Had, an AX, countless BX's, ZX's, Xsara's, Xantia's, Xsara Picasso's, and now only have a C4 Picasso Lounge, which drinks tooooooo much.

Post by talbotsteve »

sounds like this is going to be a fun few hours then!!!
thanks anders