re:rear suspension

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

bigjl2
My Cars:

re:rear suspension

Post by bigjl2 »

My recently aquired xantia, has slightly squeaky rear suspension, and the wheels also lean in a bit at the top,from reading on the site it is the rear suspension arms, when looking on the GSF online shop website I noted part nos N42390 and N42391, rear suspension arms £98 each, is this the correct part, due to the age of the car I think it will be easier to just change the entire unit, aswell a a lot less hassle, but I just wanted a more knowledgable board member to conform these are the correct parts, as there is no picture and the guy on the phone at GSF wasn't too sure.
Thanks in advance.
Justin.
Oh and does anybody know of a good mechanic in the essex area, as my ebay "bargain" is going to need a clutch pretty soon and Mr clutch want £325 and I was hoping to get it done cheaper, or at least make sure I got a decent quality of clutch put in there.
Xantia 2.0SX estate (now sold)
Xantia 1.9 TD SX hatch 102K (all old MOT'S) and working A/C.(Sold to forum member, time to save for a C5)
2007 Berlingo Multispace 1.4i Forte, bought in November with genuine 27k miles, now on 39799 miles.
CTR

Re: re:rear suspension

Post by CTR »

bigjl2 wrote:My recently aquired xantia, has slightly squeaky rear suspension, and the wheels also lean in a bit at the top,
If it is squeak only - the arm will probably be ok, just change bearing.

GSF:
It is possible that You'll get the arm only for that price - check with them!
then You'll need arm bearing kit + somehow move the wheel bearing assembly from the old arm to new.

Probably the easier way will be to get used arm assemblys from the breakers. I have the right arm for hatchback sitting in a garrage for few years if you want one and can pick it up.
mpr1956
My Cars:

Post by mpr1956 »

Hi Justin... Removing and replacing the rear arms is the hardest part of changing the rear arm bearings, -it really is a straightforward repair as long as the bearing carriers are a tight fit in the arm... do a search on here for the method. Its a whole lot cheaper than new arms!! regards, Martin

ps.. £325.00 seems a fair price for a clutch fit on a Xant...
I won't do that again