Mucky Filters and oil

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

BrianA

Mucky Filters and oil

Post by BrianA »

Here are some pics of the crap in the lhm tank and on the filters annd also the crappy lhm fluid.

So now you know what crappy filters and oil look like.

Bri.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Thy're not bad :lol: When they're really bad they look like they have fur coats on them :lol: :lol: You should have seen mine :shock:

They cleaned up very nicely thankfully. Mine took and hour to clean and still don't look as good as yours.

Seriously, the LHM is well past it's first flush of youth though!

I'd remove the reservoir and clean out that too, you'll find a layer of muck lying on the bottom of it.

Your poor old car has been wantonly neglected but as said, plenty of TLC will see it come to life a treat. Luckily you have nothing that is going to cost the earth, just a bit of time.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
BrianA

Post by BrianA »

The tank is out and has been cleaned citrojim,I'm at work now and I'm itchin to be at home putting the hydraflush in.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

BrianA wrote:The tank is out and has been cleaned citrojim,I'm at work now and I'm itchin to be at home putting the hydraflush in.
Thats the spirit :wink: Hope it keeps dry for you :)

You'll notice the benefit of a good old clean and the hydraflush running around it almost immediately.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
mezuk04a
My Cars:

Post by mezuk04a »

Thats the colour of my LHM when I first got the Xantia although the filters werent to bad and on the forum we couldnt quite decide if it was dirty lhm or some other liquid.
Golf 55' 1.9TD
BrianA

Post by BrianA »

mezuk04a wrote:Thats the colour of my LHM when I first got the Xantia although the filters werent to bad and on the forum we couldnt quite decide if it was dirty lhm or some other liquid.
Yes it looks like dandelion and burdock pop doesn't it!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

BrianA wrote:
mezuk04a wrote:Thats the colour of my LHM when I first got the Xantia although the filters werent to bad and on the forum we couldnt quite decide if it was dirty lhm or some other liquid.
Yes it looks like dandelion and burdock pop doesn't it!
But don't try drinking it. LHM tastes absolutely horrible :lol: I got a bit of it in my mouth sucking on a syphon tube when I last emptied my reservoir :lol:

It could just be very old Hydraflush. Hydraflush is a very pale amber colour and takes on the colour yours is very quickly when it is diluted by any residual green and dirty LHM in the system.
Jim

BrianA

Post by BrianA »

I use a length of garden hose to syphon my tank,I can't see when its coming down so I might get a taste yet!!!
I'll keep some crisps to hand just in case.
Bri.
mezuk04a
My Cars:

Post by mezuk04a »

Ha, Im impressed I beat you, my first attempt at sucking it down a tube, worrying due to reading on here of the taste and I managed it with success.

I was a very happy chappy indeed
Golf 55' 1.9TD
BrianA

Post by BrianA »

mezuk04a wrote:Ha, Im impressed I beat you, my first attempt at sucking it down a tube, worrying due to reading on here of the taste and I managed it with success.

I was a very happy chappy indeed
You successfully tasted lhm and enjoyed it?????
1995 C220D merc.
1996 1.8i 16v Temptation 2 Estate.
1997 Xantia 1.9td sx.
2003 GSX750F.
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Brian -

Its all about taste with Citroens, soon you will learn 8)
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
BrianA

Post by BrianA »

AndersDK wrote:Brian -

Its all about taste with Citroens, soon you will learn 8)
Lmao....I nearly spit my Aldi bourbon out then Anders.
1995 C220D merc.
1997 Xantia 1.9td sx.
2003 GSX750F.
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

At least it didn't try to cut your hand off like a BX tank does #-o .....evil things!!
BrianA

Post by BrianA »

bxbodger wrote:At least it didn't try to cut your hand off like a BX tank does #-o .....evil things!!
Yes,I've cleaned 2 Xantia tanks out now and found both to be user friendly,when did the wrist slitters stop?
1995 C220D merc.
1997 Xantia 1.9td sx.
2003 GSX750F.
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

BrianA wrote:
bxbodger wrote:At least it didn't try to cut your hand off like a BX tank does #-o .....evil things!!
Yes,I've cleaned 2 Xantia tanks out now and found both to be user friendly,when did the wrist slitters stop?
With the death of BX & CX models ...
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image