Xsara fuel filter

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

nick
My Cars:

Post by nick »

The pumps can get noisy as they begin to fail, they can go intermittently faulty too.
If an HDI fails to start it is sometimes suggested to give the underside of the fuel tank a thump, as this can bring the pump back to life long enough to get you home!
howiedean
My Cars:

Re: Xsara fuel filter

Post by howiedean »

deejay wrote:Thanks for all the comments gents, much appreciated. Will now go and get a filter and some jubilee clips and have a go at fitting it at the weekend. Seems like an obvious and simple solution. Will let you know how I get on!
I've been watching this thread and have just fitted an extra filter to my Xsara HDI. What do people think about the service interval for this item as I recon I might leave it six months for the 1st one as has been suggested before?

Cheers
Howie

2006 Fiat Idea Dynamic 1.3 Multijet
2010 Renault Laguna Dynamique tom tom 2.0 DCI 130
C5 VTR 2l 8v HDI Estate 112000 miles gone
Kia Rio 2007 1.5 CRDI 62,000 miles gone
2001 Dodge Durango 4.7 V8 170,000 miles gone
1999 Ford Crown Victoria 4.6 V8 151,000 miles gone
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

The extra filter suggested by me should readily last at least 1 year, because of its large filter area.
Nothing happens if you leave it in longer. It will simply remind you if it gets blocked, as the engine will be weak on lack of fuel then.

A weak engine is about the worst that can happen for most car owners these days me think .... :lol:
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image