Aircon hacking - wider range

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

pprado
My Cars:

Post by pprado »

Mandrake wrote:Have you considered the sensor may just be faulty ? 26 degrees should be plenty hot enough surely ? :lol:
I used to live on a beach city... I can tell you that I was FREEZING with 7C degrees here. Of course it's a matter of time to get used to the climate, but I really like having a hot ambient... usually when someone takes a ride, it asks me to turn of the hearth :D
Also have you checked the tiny fan in front of the sensor is working ? Without this fan the automatic temperature regulation system doesn't work properly as the sensor is not exposed to changes in cabin air temperature quickly enough.

Regards,
Simon
It does appear to be working as the system tries to maintain the temperature - I can feel the colder and hotter air being used as needed-, but I have not reached the fan yet to confirm it's good.

When I get to him I'll be already prepared for the battle :twisted:
-----
Pedro Prado
jorgy
My Cars:

Post by jorgy »

Hi Prado

if u feel the heating is not hot enough even at max, and if all flaps, sensors etc work OK, it will be the heater matrix that is blocked with dirt. I know of one case (XM) were the car didn't produce but mild heat, the person flushed the matrix and lots of...sand came out, then he had heat again (with same matrix). I'm almost sure as well that my XM's heating ability has deteriorated in the 3 years I own it -I remember using 24c in winter when I bought it and the car being transpiring-hot, last winter I was using even 26c and still felt not too hot-. Unless my arteries are slowly getting clogged as well....

regards
George
1994 XM V6 12v manual
pprado
My Cars:

Post by pprado »

jorgy wrote:Hi Prado

if u feel the heating is not hot enough even at max, and if all flaps, sensors etc work OK, it will be the heater matrix that is blocked with dirt. I know of one case (XM) were the car didn't produce but mild heat, the person flushed the matrix and lots of...sand came out, then he had heat again (with same matrix). I'm almost sure as well that my XM's heating ability has deteriorated in the 3 years I own it -I remember using 24c in winter when I bought it and the car being transpiring-hot, last winter I was using even 26c and still felt not too hot-. Unless my arteries are slowly getting clogged as well....

regards
George
Hey Jorgy thanks... But my car DOES heat a lot. If I put the control fully to the right, I can dry my girl´s hair there :D

What I do want is to have hotter points of ADJUSTMENT. Simon made a good point saying that maybe my car is not "feeling" the cabin temperature very well. I´ll first check everything is as it should.
-----
Pedro Prado
jorgy
My Cars:

Post by jorgy »

Aaah, OK, sorry, misunderstood... Yes, u might find that the little fan and its sensor is fully covered with dust. If so, just stuff it in the vacuum cleaner hose for a few secs...and see if it made a difference. I had dismantled mine (XM) as it was noisy and was trying to lubricate it somehow; I can assure u won't achieve any greater cleaning by dismantling it.

G
1994 XM V6 12v manual