xantia radio aerial lead

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

admiral51
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: C5 X7 2009 2.0 HDI VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
C4 2010 2.0 HDi Exclusive VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

xantia radio aerial lead

Post by admiral51 »

sorry me again :oops:
i am convinced no certain that my aerial lead has broken as it bends in two and is very floppy just behind radio.
is the lead a complete piece that runs from roof to radio or is it possible it is joined behind dash ie male to female plug

never had much joy repairing leads before and was hoping i didnt have to have roof and a side panel out to reroute another one

any ideas most welcome

colin
MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Post by MikeT »

Hi Colin,

sorry to say, service.citroen.com list three possible types of aerial fitting and two of those are one piece, dash-to-roof, only one has an extender which runs up to and terminates at the bottom of the near side A post and covered by a "protector" :?

Mind you, service.citroen.com may not be accurate, it doesn't reflect the dash switch arrangement I have :evil:
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

The aerial lead is in one piece and runs down the drivers 'A' pillar, slightly N/S onto a clip to protect it from the sharp edge of the bulkhead, then down behind the dash before running under the carpet and sound insulation as it passes diagonally across the floor under the pedals before rising up under the centre console :? . So I take it you won't be trying to pull through the new one in the same way :wink: .

The easiest way would be to get a replacement cable then run it down the N/S 'A' pillar across behind the glovebox into the radio.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
admiral51
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: C5 X7 2009 2.0 HDI VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
C4 2010 2.0 HDi Exclusive VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Post by admiral51 »

thanks for that maybe i might just try a cut and splice

unless i get really bored one day :lol:

colin
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

The antenna lead used is a very special coaxial cable. Its a floffy outer insulator of rather large thickness. The outer sheath is commonly alufoil on plastic foil. The inner is just a single thin gauge wire. Very odd cable to try repair with anything you know off :evil:

It is in fact the best solution to slide a new cable through.
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image