rear height corrector

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

davethewheel

rear height corrector

Post by davethewheel »

the plastic link on the rear height corrector keeps popping of my xantia i've tried a new link but it still pops off, the linkage is free as i can move it with my hands to get it back on again and the car will go up and down normally, it's the height corrector end that keeps coming off not the end that goes onto the roll bar, it's doesn't seem that tight to pop it back on so maybe the nipple is worn, the other end has a wire clip that stops it coming off, should there be the same sort of thing on the other side, maybe i'll have to try and zip tie it on but i'd like to find a more permanent solution :)
MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Re: rear height corrector

Post by MikeT »

davethewheel wrote:... it's doesn't seem that tight to pop it back on so maybe the nipple is worn...
[I'm not exactly experienced with these things but as no-one has offered advice so far...] All I can say is that was my thought exactly.

I recently fitted a new front plastic arm and it was a very tight fit over both balls. Previously I had tried refitting the old one and the difference in tightnees between new and old is most obvious.