Xantia ABS

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

xf8u

Xantia ABS

Post by xf8u »

I drive a 1997 2.1 SX.
Last night the ABS light came on and off intermittently, now it's on all the time.
I have a feeling there could me dirt on one othe sensors or a broken reluctance ring. Also, the brake pedal is pulsing when you come slowly to a stop, even though the wheels are not locked up.
How do I find out which wheel is at fault?
I am a cabbie so I need to get this sorted quick time.
Thanks in advance
slim123

Post by slim123 »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the sensors and as it will probabally be one, try this.

Ensure ignition is off.
Unplug the muliti plug from the ABS ECU.
Use an OHM meter to take these readings.

Pins No 15 and 30 = Left hand front sensor

Pins No 1 and 6 = Right hand front sensor

Pins No 19 and 28 = Left hand rear sensor

Pins No 29 and 31 = Right hand rear sensor.

All readings should be 1080 OHMS approx, in reality if you get no reading then the sensor is duff. But it is allways worth cleaning the connections.

If you shine a maglight at the pins you should be able to see the numbers of the pins.

Good Luck
Slim
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

It'll be more than likely a sensor has gone down :(

here is how to test:

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... abs+sensor

The pins TehAgent are referring to are the ones on the ABS ECU plug.

Battery off, disconnect the plug and use a meter to measure the resistance of the sensors. just over 1KOhm is about right. Anything out side this (usually an open circuit) points to a duff sensor.

If you find one sensor looks a bit suspect at the ECU plug, test again at the plug where the sensor cable joins the loom. These are about a foot away from the sensor and are usually not very easily accessible.

There has been many posts about this in the past and a further search will reveal any additional information you may require.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Sorry Slim,

You and I were typing and submitting at the same time :)
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
slim123

Post by slim123 »

Well Jim.

I was going to point to that link, but I am not that clever, I havent got a clue how to put the blue link thing up!!! :oops:

Regards
Slim.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Hi Slim,

To put in a link do this:

Press the URL button and then paste in a copy of the link you wish to post and then press the *URL button. Job done.

I find it easiest to copy and paste the link you wish to post directly from the address bar in your Internet Browser.

You'll end up with this:

http://www.something.com

Hope that helps :)

EDIT: Do click that link I posted. It'll make you smile :lol:
Jim

xf8u

Post by xf8u »

Thanks Guys