height corrector

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

davethewheel

height corrector

Post by davethewheel »

i was having problems with my rear height corrector about 6ths ago, the small plastic link rod was coming off and the back end of the car was down, i replaced it with a new one and made sure the linkages were free and all has been well until today when it came off again, all the linages seem to be free i've heard of people stripping them to clean them is this worth a go or should i just look at replacing it. :)
deian

Post by deian »

maybe the nipple has rusted smaller?

what i did was to cable tiw twice around the frame and then another cable tie through the underside of the frame but between the other cable ties and over the bottom of the plastic clip. Worked ok for me, until it showed a weakness in the metal link!
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

stipping and cleaning is usualy referd to with the hight corector its self, not so much the external linkage, and cleanning the H/C will not stop the problem you are having as that is usualy down to the external linkage
regards malcolm
deian

Post by deian »

and the height corrector itself is rarely in need of dismantling and cleaning anyway, it's such a simple device, it's just a valve, with a pipe going in, out and return, and the valve is moved via the external linkages.

of course the linkages can get dirty, corroded and rusted, hence the small nipple (ball link) not holding the plastic clip firmly.
davethewheel

Post by davethewheel »

thanks, i'll try some cable ties around the plastic link and see how that goes :)
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

well a new clamp with the metal link and ball end is only around £12 squide from the dealer,and relativly easy to fit
regards malcolm
davethewheel

Post by davethewheel »

thanks for that Malcolm i didn't think that part was available separately I'll get a new one and a new link and try that, i need to get it sorted before i bust my back driving around with rear rear of the car on the bump stops :shock: