cat needed

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

jamieclayton9

cat needed

Post by jamieclayton9 »

hi all. my cat has broken on the weld on my 1998 td xsara so i need a new one or decent used one. anyone know were i can pick up a cheap one. cheers. jamie
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

Have a look at:

http://www.buypartsby.co.uk/catalytic_c ... ke=CITROEN

I've not tried them but them seemed to have the best price a while ago
when I was looking for one. Try German Swedish French and EuroCarparts
as well.

Andrew
deian

Post by deian »

If it's just a rusted joint, then why not get the garage to weld it back on, I did this and it cost me £30 at the time.

Or just put a straight through pipe if you want to save money, diesels don't need a catalytic converter by law if i remember correctly.
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

deian wrote:If it's just a rusted joint, then why not get the garage to weld it back on, I did this and it cost me £30 at the time.

Or just put a straight through pipe if you want to save money, diesels don't need a catalytic converter by law if i remember correctly.
I'd certainly consider this solution - compared to a new parts price at least 10x that plus labour.
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
deian

Post by deian »

Not sure if the fuel consumption would go up, you'll feel more power because the turbo will be working better lower down the engine range, whether this means more fuel consumption i'm not sure (i doubt it will break the bank), but it will be more 'efficient'.

Like an asthma sufferer taking his inhaler.