TDC Sensor compatibility?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

TDC Sensor compatibility?

Post by CitroJim »

Can anyone say if a TDC sensor taken from an early 1.8 petrol Xantia is the same as used on the electronic Bosch equipped 1.9TD?

They look identical :?
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

I used one from a 2.1 td EPIC pump type engine, and used it in an earlier mechanical one and it worked perfectly, so I would imagine that they are all the same.
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

I was talking about these to someone well into EFi and things recently and he's the laid back type that sees nothing complicated in things most of us freak out at, and his response was that all they are is a magnetic pick up, so based on that, I'd say probably as has been said, they should be compatable.

Alan S
RIP Sept 19th 2008.

She said "Put the cat out" She didn't mention it was on fire!!
philhoward

Post by philhoward »

I'd be 99% sure it would be fine - as Alan says, a magnetic/hall effect pick up sensor should be the same; it doesn't know what fuel the engine runs on!

Only difference could be the length/mounting of the sensor itself, but F**d use different housing castings rather than different sensors for pretty much their whole range of late 80's and early 90's engines..