jerky xantia

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

metgreentd

jerky xantia

Post by metgreentd »

doesnt seem to do it when stationary,also noted that it occours at 1600-1800 rpm and if i accelerate harder it will go through 1600-1800 rpm without doing it,it only happens with a slower driving style eg around town as stated or moving slowly in traffic say in second or third.could it be a partially blocked injector?they are the originals and have done 160000 now.i have also checked all the pipes and trunking to and from the turbo all seem fine.
jmd
My Cars:

Post by jmd »

It seems to me that those Injectors owe you nothing at that mileage. Whatever the cause of your jerkiness it's time to have your Injectors cleaned and probably reconditioned. their seems to be no set time to service injectors. I had mine done at 80,000 miles. At 240,000 miles I decided for no apparent reason that it should be time to have them seen too. The machanic (Bosch Agent) told me that they were fine. Is their any fuel restriction otherwise?
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

I'd say you should initially go for the standard problem : air in fuel.
If not already done - replace the fuel hose from filter to pump with a clear one which will instantly tell you if air bubbles are present. Air is not allowed in diesel engines fuel system.

The injectors will last longer than 160K without attention. When they fail it will be more like a tendency to black smoke from exhaust, because the fuel is not properly injected. May even have a constant leak.
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image