Xantia rear brakes Please read its a strange one............

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

LeeDJC
My Cars:

Post by LeeDJC »

Certainly a bargain!

I just paid £525 for my estate, and that's got everything under the sun wrong with it, lol (and thats only the things I know about!)

Citroens, eh, who'd 'ave 'em!?!
2004 Berlingo Multispace HDI, 105000
BrianA

Post by BrianA »

LeeDJC wrote:Certainly a bargain!

I just paid £525 for my estate, and that's got everything under the sun wrong with it, lol (and thats only the things I know about!)

Citroens, eh, who'd 'ave 'em!?!
Hee hee,Bri's TOP TIP.
Don't bid on sod all on Ebay after a gallon of BEER!!!!!!
:roll: :roll:
BrianA

Post by BrianA »

Is it ok if I keep this thread going seeing as it seems to have gone from brakes to suspension?
Anyway.
I've just got off the phone to GSF asking about
1.Hydraflush.
2.LHM.
3.Centre rear sphere.
4.New seals for the height corrector.(Which they didn't have).
cost to me for 5 litres of flush,5 litres of LHM and the sphere is just under £58.00 :o which seems like a fair deal.
Just one question seeing as I don't have the Haynes manual which you all endearingly call the Book of Lies anywayis,

My Temptation 2 has the skull crusher bar on the passenger dash and smoked lenses so it's not a Mark2.
So it isn't Hydractive and the middle rear sphere is called the Anti-sink sphere.
Is that right. :?: :?
Cheers.
Bri.
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

Your's isn't hydractive because it's basically a LX model. Neither the LX nor the SX were hydractive.
If you've only got 3 spheres at the front and 3 at the back, it's non-hydractive (hence why I've always gone for SX models) :)

Middle rear sphere is anti-sink, middle front sphere is accumulator :)
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
BrianA

Soddin Experts

Post by BrianA »

Well I put all the bits I bought from GSF on my car and also cleaned the LHM res and the filters which were dark grey.
Stripped down and cleaned the height corrector which also had grey deposits in it.
Refitted the HC and replaced all the old pipe seals with new ones,(remember I used PTFE!!!) :oops:

Put hydraflush in (the canister read more like Hydra cyanide)
New jubilee clips on the pipes on theLHM tank.

Sat in the car and started it up then went inside to make a coffee.

When I went back to the car it was up in the air as I'd set it to high.

Got back in and did the old Citreobatics or whatever you want to call them.
After about 10 mins of doing this I then put into into ride height and the GODDAMN thing wouldn't budge ](*,)

To cut a long story short after what seemed like spending a fortnight lying under the car trying to determine what the hell the problem was....after all I'd replaced every sphere known to man,flushed the old oil out,replaced seals SPAT KICKED AND SWORE at the damn thing.

I went back in the house to have another read of this.

http://www.aussiefrogs.com/shane/xantia ... pheres.htm

It was when I was looking at the pictures that it occurred to me that no matter what position the car has been in when I under it that I have never seen the bolt on the roll bar for the height corrector elbow in the same position as is in the photos in the aussifrogs link
and seeing that 2 bloody experts had adjusted the ride height (yes I paid) :oops:
it hadn't even entered my head to try and adjust it.

So armed with an 11mm spanner,chisel and hammer I got back under the car.
The first thing I noticed was that it was a pig of a job to get the spanner on the bolt.
Anyway I slackened it off and then gave the knuckle a few taps,then a few more....
I must have moved the knuckle almost an inch on the anti roll bar when all of a sudden....whoosh the car rose then stopped.
I quickly tightened the nut up and crawled out to see what position the car was in.
It looked good enough to me so I sat on the back and sure enough after a few seconds the car readjusted it's height,
I got off and it readjusted itself just like a good old Citroen should.

So now I'm happy as a Pig in pooh and its all thanks to wonderful posts and pictures.
The car runs like a dream now.
\:D/ \:D/