Xantia clutch

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mcgregor
My Cars:

Xantia clutch

Post by mcgregor »

My 2001 Xantia Hdi 110 according to the handbook should have a hydraulic clutch with the reservoir sited between the battery and the LHM tank. It simply is not there, Did some of these come with a cable clutch rather than the hydraulic one. If so is the clutch adjustable or does it automatically adjust.
Cheers
Dave :?
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

AFAIK all 110s came with the ML5 gear box and hydraulic clutch. You can check which box easily - the ML5 has cables to operate the gear change. HDi 90s used the good old BE3 box, which has a rod operated change, and cable clutch. The hydraulic clutch is a sealed system - there might be a reservoir, but I think it is right near the master cylinder at the bulkhead down the back of the engine. The hydraulic clutch is not adjustable, and the later cable operated clutches are not officially adjustable beyoned what the automatic adjuster in the cable will do.

Are you sure it's a 110? Many sellers stick this in the advert without knowing. 110's have 2 air pipes over the N/S of the engine, whereas 90s only have 1.
Richard W
mcgregor
My Cars:

Post by mcgregor »

Thanks Richard.
Yes it definately is a 110 I bought it from new 6.5 years ago but only recently am begining to take over the maintenance (hence the questions). If it is sealed hydraulic system that would explain the lack of reservoir for topping up. Can you believe its taken me over six years to even ask the question as I just assumed it was a cable clutch since there was no hydraulic reservoir and my previous '96 TD was a cable clutch. Doh!!!
Dave :roll: