xantia jerky

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

metgreentd

xantia jerky

Post by metgreentd »

hi guys me again no sooner sort out 1 problem than another appears.i now have a slight judder on gentle acceleration.its definately engine related but its not a misfire.if say free wheeling approaching a junction in second or third and then gently accelerating away the engine chuggs a bit untill the revs pick up,im not going to slow for that gear because i can also get the engine to do it if i gently accelerate untill it starts to chugg then i can keep it there with the accerator at that speed and it will chugg untill i increase the revs it does it in all gears but as i said when the revs pick up it drives normally it ticks over properly and performance has not dropped off,it has had a italian decoke last week after which the car performed great untill yesterday when this started.fuel filter was changed approx 3 thou ago,im presuming its fuel delivery related?its at the speed you would drive around the town centre so its really annoying.any ideas?oh and the fuel let off pipes were changed 2 weeks ago for new citroen items.
metgreentd

xantia jerky

Post by metgreentd »

sorry guys its a 1.9 td on a 95 m plate
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

You've done all the usual suspects :)

I'd first look at the boost sense pipe between the hot side of the turbo and the injection pump. This pipe often perishes and lets in air, upsetting fuel metering.

Also, generally check for air leaks on the turbo trunking and the intercooler.

A remote possibility if you have the older non-ECU controlled Bosch pump is the cold advance has stuck. This is controlled by a little solenoid on the front of the pump. When cold, 12V is applied which goes off as soon as the coolant is warm (above 60 degrees). To test, on a cold engine, firstly check you have 12V there, disconnect with the engine running and listen for a change in engine note. When hot there should be no voltage present.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

If you gently increase the revs with the car stationary, can you feel any uneveness at any engine speed? If so it could be an out of calibration injector, If not, check the condition of the engine mounting rubbers.