BX seats replacements

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

FrankBo
My Cars:

BX seats replacements

Post by FrankBo »

HI, i'm owner a 1992's BX 1600 carby (Special serie model Athena sold in Itlay) I would replace BX's seat with Peugeot seats because actual seats no confortable for me. My BX have same BX GTI's seats. Which Peugeot seats models can be easy fitted on my BX? I think Peugeot 405's seats have same
connections. Thanks in advance and sorry for my poor english
95' ZX 1400 Break Avantage 270000 Km 92' BX 1600 Athena 167000 Km
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Hi Frank -

The problem with fitting seats to a BX is really not that big.
Because of the method used for mounting the seats to the floor - its VERY easy to make yourself a couple of crossbars. Just make sure they are rigid and solid to take the forces transferred by the seatbelt anchorage in the seats.

Try remove the passenger seat in your BX - and look how easy it is to modify any other seats about the same size.

I'd say you should try the Peug405 seats. Chances are they would be a direct fit.
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

I find 405 seats too short for me, and the later ones have hard side bolsters which I also find uncomfortable, but then perhaps everyone is not as large or fussy as me! I found the seats from the BX TZD to be very comfortable though.
FrankBo
My Cars:

Post by FrankBo »

Thanks a lot AndersDk and Peter; I think i'll go to scrapyard to find two
405's anteriors seats, so i hope it will be easy to fit on my BX.

My BX's seats (original seats) are the same BX GTI's but no comfortable
for me. May be good BX GTI's 16V seats wich have lumbar regulation but impossible to find into scrapyard.

A lot of time ago i tryed 405's seats and seem to me they was good, so i
think it will solve ..... i also think the 405's headrest it's very better BX's ...

Bye
95' ZX 1400 Break Avantage 270000 Km 92' BX 1600 Athena 167000 Km
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

205 seats should fit and those from the lower spec. models are very comfy. GTi ones are OK but not if you are, er, well-proportioned, they are very narrow.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...