Electric Leather into a normal Suede Xantia...

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

KP
My Cars:

Electric Leather into a normal Suede Xantia...

Post by KP »

Could the leather from say a VSX or Exclusive trim xantia be moved over easily into an SX xantia if its electric at all??

I may be able to get some cheap leather and other bits from a VSX or an exclusive(if its makes a difference) but want to know how easy it would be to hook it all up for th front seats if anyone has compared the cars side by side at all??
TehAgent
My Cars:

Post by TehAgent »

From what i remember reading and from my own experience in removing seats and taking a good look at Xantia's down the scrappy for the purpose of changing interior,

As long as your not trying to fit Estate seats into a saloon, there really isn't anything stopping you, The wiring loom for the electrics are already in place (if you reach below your drivers and passengers seats you will find the wire)

If memory serves me well, The front seats are held in with 6 T35 Torx screw's, just remember when removing and refitting the seat belt bolts, not to put the seat belts back on twisted (yes yes, i know i wasn't paying attention).

Rear seats are easier as the seat belts are attached to the body work of the car and not the seats them selves.

The front seats are a bit more fiddly as they are on slid rails, So take out the back Torx screws first then the fronts, when putting the seats back in, put the Torx screw in just enough to be out of the way when sliding the front seats forward, but not enough so you can not adjust them to line up the rear bolts.
1990 Nissan 300zx Twin Turbo (The Fast One)
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

Cheers Theagent! I think i may well go for it as a good set of leather for a Xantia is a rare thing to come up for sale so well worth going for as no doubt it will help resale as well when it comes to selling on :-) is there a difference between the phase 1 and phase 2 varient xantias does anyone know?

Thanks again TheAgent :-)
TehAgent
My Cars:

Post by TehAgent »

I'm not sure if the mk1 and mk2 are seated differently, i know the Mk2 dashboard is slightly different, and the cosmetics on the out side of the car are. but don't think there is that much difference to the seats to be honest.

, but adding any leather interior to a car instantly adds value and resale status to a car.

What are you planing on doing with the Swede seats? as i'm looking for a new interior, as mine suffered battery acid damage, i too have the swede seats. PM and let me know, so as not to high jack the thread.
1990 Nissan 300zx Twin Turbo (The Fast One)
davethewheel

Post by davethewheel »

i recently changed the seats in my 2.1td estate it's a mk1 and the seats i fitted are from a mk2 , there was no problem fitting them apart from the new ones have side airbags in them so i just left the wires disconnected, i wish i could find a leather set for an estate but they seem very rare.
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

cheers Dave and Theagent Pm away :)

Leather for an estate is quite rare.i think ive seen it once but i guess if you really wanted it a retrim would be the cheapest option as i bet citroen wouldnt sell off the sets they have in storage that cheap...