Testing lift and TDC sensors

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Thanks Wheeler!

I think I can picture the lift sensor waveform! Can you recall the peak-to-peak voltages you see, roughly?

Next time Xac and I go over to look at Cassy I'll take my old Telequipment S52 'scope with me. It's just the job for those sort of tasks. It's like me, old and battered, but only cost me a tenner :D

I'll also take my camera and try and get some pictures of the waveforms.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
jamieclayton9

Post by jamieclayton9 »

while we are on topic. could some one explain to me were exaxctly the tdc sensor is. cheers. jamie
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

jamieclayton9 wrote:while we are on topic. could some one explain to me were exaxctly the tdc sensor is. cheers. jamie
Hi Jamie,

On top of the bellhousing, directly above the flywheel. It's a round black component held in with a small bolt and has a thickish black cable running from it to a brown 3 pin plug.

Slip of your air filter housing, look at the bellhousing edge nearest the engine and you cannot miss it.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...