C5 Replacement Windscreen - Extra Plastic Strip

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Citroen Virgin

C5 Replacement Windscreen - Extra Plastic Strip

Post by Citroen Virgin »

I had a wardrobe door fly through my windscreen at 60 mph last week but managed to come away unscathed.
Autoglass have fit a new windscreen (with rain and light sensors) but now I seem to have a black plastic strip stuck to the top of the windscreen on the passenger side that I don't recall seeing before.
It has a thick cable coming from it and going into the roof lining.
The strip is about 2cm thick and about 10cm long.

Can anybody let me know what this is before the Autoglass man comes back out to sort it out as it sometimes appears in my vision when driving.

Cheers in advance.

I have a 53 Plate C5 HDI VTS
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

can you post up a pic ?
SimonM

Re: C5 Replacement Windscreen - Extra Plastic Strip

Post by SimonM »

Citroen Virgin wrote:I had a wardrobe door fly through my windscreen at 60 mph last week but managed to come away unscathed.
Autoglass have fit a new windscreen (with rain and light sensors) but now I seem to have a black plastic strip stuck to the top of the windscreen on the passenger side that I don't recall seeing before.
It has a thick cable coming from it and going into the roof lining.
The strip is about 2cm thick and about 10cm long.

Can anybody let me know what this is before the Autoglass man comes back out to sort it out as it sometimes appears in my vision when driving.

Cheers in advance.

I have a 53 Plate C5 HDI VTS
That will be the light sensor. This sits behind the big plastic shroud above the rear view mirror. The guy obviously forgot to put it back when he fitted the windscreen and just decided to fit it and hope you didn't notice.

The windscreen will have to come back out again, as it is bonded it will probably break and so will need another new one.
02 C5 2.0i SX Estate
Citroen Virgin

Post by Citroen Virgin »

Its all sorted guys, thanks for the replies.

It was in fact a mobile phone antenna that used to be on the windscreen but under the roof lining so i never noticed it.