xm air leak

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

marski
My Cars:

xm air leak

Post by marski »

i have an xm 2.5 td estate with an annoying problem.after standing awhile it's a pig to start.i've checked the obvious but there seems to be an air leak i can't find or the fuel is returning to the tank.does any one know if there are any non return valves in the system anywhere? i recently cleaned the filter in the fuel tank and stripped the fuel filter apart and cleaned it.i've rechecked all my work but i must have missed something somewhere.any advice will be appreciated.
Doc
My Cars:

Post by Doc »

Hello Marski
You may want to check the rubber bleeding bulb (if it is EPIC system) or if a Bosch/Cav check to see if the bleeding screws or the plunger located with the filter are allowing air in. If the plunger is easy to press no matter how many times it is pumped, then you may have an air leak there. Check for for leaks and go round all the accesible pipe unions and check that each one is tight. I have come across unions that have worked loose from vibration. Apart from the above advice check the fuel supply and return pipes to the tank where they pass down the bulkhead.