amateurs

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

meexi
My Cars:

amateurs

Post by meexi »

doing my rear brakes as topic http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... highlight=

my xantia has had citroen service history and on one page it says replace discs and pads well i found out today that the numpties put hatchback discs and estate pads must have been a YOP that done the job.
2004 C3 XTR HDI 16V 92bhp
2004 Xsara Picasso Exclusive HDI 16V 110bhp
1989 Peugeot J5 Hymer B694 2.5td intercooled 8v 96bhp
mezuk04a
My Cars:

Post by mezuk04a »

It makes you wonder if these mechanics are in anyway qualified to be working on cars, infact that most likely means I could work at one :D
Golf 55' 1.9TD
Stempy
My Cars: C5 V6 Mk1 assainated by wife
Renault Kangoo 1.6 auto, tarted up and remapped
Still missing the Xantia V6
Not missing the AX

Post by Stempy »

I had my Kangoo in for service recently, (still under warrantee) and asked them to fit new wiper blades. Half way home it started to rain so I flick on the wipers and the passenger one flies off. Luckily I managed to recover it, checked the drivers side one and the div that fitted them just slid them onto the arm rather than locating them properly with the clip through the bend at the end of the arm. So there was I, standing in the pouring rain correctly fitting wiper blades. Called the garage, not even an apology, they just told me to come back to have them refitted. I told them I wouldn't be returning!

Worryingly they had also replaced the front discs and pads, I hope it wasn't the same 'mechanic' that did that job. :shock:
It infuriates me to be wrong when I know I'm right

Lexia ponce

http://perception.dyndns.biz/~avengineering/index.htm
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

Ahh, this always brings back memories of the days when I was working in my trade.
I had a call from a woman who asked if I had ever serviced **** brand of Japanese washing machine. I said yes, so she booked in a job.
When I arrived she tells me she had no faith in the service agents and was somewhat embarrassed to call them anyway.
She had bought the machine, brand new (unpacked at her house upon delivery) when she had an increase in family due to having a timber floor that her old machine transmitted too much noise through, hence quietness was a major consideration when she bought.
After a few days, her husband asked how the machine was going and she commented it was extremely quiet but didn't seem to wash all that well, didn't seem to spin the clothes as dry as the old one and she wasn't happy with the quality of the rinse. He suggested contacting the retailer and asking for it to be checked. The seller sent a saleman out who reckoned all was well. A couple of weeks later, (by this time, the nappies were getting that "golden" look and felt like the grinding disc on an angle grinder) she rang him back and insisted they get a mechanic to have a look. Out he comes and like the salesman, declares the machine is operating OK. More time goes by and she again rings the service guys who send out the senior mechanic this time who promptly asks who has been working on the machine. She tells him the only people who have looked at it have been the salesman and his offsider.
He returns with a loan machine and takes hers away. When it's returned and running, he then tells her that the machine didn't have a motor in it!
It seems that these days with all the automation that goes on, only one machine in 10 is test run and one in 100 is personally inspected and hers must have been one of the other 9/99 and it was missed that the motor didn't quite make it to the machine, so all that was happening was it filled up, pumped out, filled up, pumped out and so on, but while it's understandable given the system they use, that it could make it out the factory half made, how dumb would the salesman and the other mechanic have to be to also miss it?
Reason for her embarrassment was that the service agents were aware that she had been fitting the baby as well as the rest of the family with clothes that were only dipped in detergent and not washed, which again is undertandable, but to do it for 4 months, even she wondered how silly she could have been to not twig that something was wrong. :roll: :shock: :twisted: :lol: :lol:
True story BTW.

Alan S
RIP Sept 19th 2008.

She said "Put the cat out" She didn't mention it was on fire!!
nick
My Cars:

Post by nick »

When I changed the rear pads on my Xsara soon after buying it I noticed the rubber bellows round each of the caliper pistons had a chunk of rubber ripped out of them as if either someone hadn't used the right tool to wind them back, or had just been very careless. This is on a car previously owned by Citroen Contract Motoring with a full main dealer service history :x