A few more ZX questions.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

N_CURTIS
My Cars:

A few more ZX questions.

Post by N_CURTIS »

Hi,
I'm still getting to grips with my 'new' ZX which has thrown up a couple more questions.

1)I've found the brake sensor wiring has broken on the NSF, so is this portion of loom easy to replace?

2)After fitting my 'new' sunroof panel I've found it's a bit tight at one side at the rear, with a slight gap at the front on one side. Is there any for/aft adjustment in the mechanism?

Cheers :)
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

if you follow the wire through the inner wing into the engine bay you will find the plug where it joins the main loom,these are more often than not broken
regards malcolm
lighteninguk

Post by lighteninguk »

Is the portion of cable the bit between the brakes and the connector near the brakes? This small piece of cable is usualy replaced by a fresh piece when you replace the pads (supplied).

Edd
ZX 1.4I 1993 Reflex KDX
N_CURTIS
My Cars:

Post by N_CURTIS »

Thanks for the replies :D

The wiring I'm on about is the bit that runs from where the brake pad wiring plugs in and disappears into the inner wing.

It has broken where it clips to the front strut.

I'm guessing it's available seperately (Citroen dealer only?) and is easy enough to fit.

Still curious about the sunroof adjustment - if any :wink:

Cheers.
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

i know the BX one used to be around £14 squide each side
regards malcolm
Dave1

Re: A few more ZX questions.

Post by Dave1 »

N_CURTIS wrote:Hi,
I'm still getting to grips with my 'new' ZX which has thrown up a couple more questions.

1)I've found the brake sensor wiring has broken on the NSF, so is this portion of loom easy to replace?

2)After fitting my 'new' sunroof panel I've found it's a bit tight at one side at the rear, with a slight gap at the front on one side. Is there any for/aft adjustment in the mechanism?

Cheers :)
Re the sunroof.

If the glass is new it will be a bit tight for a while until it takes the shape of the recess. There is no way to move the glass itself via the mechanism as far as I am aware. However, you can move the complete set up by dropping the headcloth. IIRC there are 4 bolts that hold it in place. Two at the front and two at the sides near the door pillars. If your headcloth has some flexibility you do not need to take it right out. You can simplly undo the sun visors, the hand rails, motor etc and any plastic parts holding it up and reach under to the bolts. However it may be best to remove the whole thing as you may find them hard to locate or losen. (taking it all out just means a bit more to undo). The bolts are near the edges. Once lose, you can move the whole frame about.(the frame has slots around the bolts to allow this) I suggest you leave the glass in, losen the bolts and try and line it up until you are happy. Then tighten up and see how it works. Be careful as you could break something if you get it skew. Provided the glass is in the recess you should be OK though.

This is one of those jobs that is pretty easy once you have done it but Citroen charge a lot.

If you get stuck post back but it is a while since I did it last.

If you get as far as taking the headcloth out then it is pretty easy to remove the sunroof frame and oil the cables a bit through any slots.

Good luck!
N_CURTIS
My Cars:

Post by N_CURTIS »

Thanks for that.

The long bank holiday weekend might be a good time to get the spanners out then....
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

The sun roof on the Aura that Jean owned was slightly out of square when she bought it, it would tilt, but would not drop down through its hole when we tried to get it to slide. It was jamming on the drivers side rear of the frame.

I cured it by tiliting it up, placing some thick cloth in the roof opening where i proposed working, to protect the paint, then placing a thin edged, 5 inch wide bolster chisel in the tight end, lowering it down till it jammed on the chisel, then tapped on the rear face of the chisel in a forward direction with a rubber mallet.. I then raised it back up and tried it again, it took about 3 attemps, but the roof did finaly move foreward slightly on that side and allowed the roof to work properly again.
:) .
James. (Nr M67 East of Manchester).
Dark Blue ZX 1.9D Auto 1994 'L' 5 dr (modified) Aura. 98K miles used daily. Ave mpg 40
Wedgewood Blue 75 CTD auto Connoissaur. 2002. 144k. used daily. ave mpg 40 ish.
Dave1

Post by Dave1 »

Further to my above post. Before you do anything else you could just take the motor off. This will allow the cables to move. You may then be able to re-seat the glass with the cables having moved a little. Worth a try and is easy to do. :wink:
N_CURTIS
My Cars:

Post by N_CURTIS »

Thanks again, I'll try removing the motor first and go from there.