Citroen Service site (1hour to go)

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

deian

Citroen Service site (1hour to go)

Post by deian »

How exactly does it work?

I'm registered and now i paid 3 euro's and i can't do anything, it just shows what i have paid... no other options? anyone else been on it with success?

I have an hour left
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

As long as you have not started to use the access to the secret chambers - the 1 hour access grant will stay there untouched.
Only when you enter the secret chambers, the access grant will count down from that moment. No matter if you log out and log in again later - it continues to count down.

So you are locked to your PC once you have entered the secret chambers to get the most for you money !

But until that - you can go on searching and reading the help & info pages for free.

Note that you can input a known part number into your basket - and immediately get the price information on that part - for free.
If no price info is returned - then your national dealers/importer wont stock that part.
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
slim123

Post by slim123 »

Spoke to the parts dept at my local dealers the other day, I told them that if PR net was not on a pay site then I would't be wasting their time!

They told me that there will be a free version out soon for the likes of us. So maybe in the near future we will be able to acces our little bible. =D>

Regards
Slim.
deian

Post by deian »

i sorted it... it's all pop-ups isn't it, and it seems to work on internet explorer 7.0.5296.0... it doesn't work on the internet explorer of my laptop, which is also 7.0, but it could be the fact that i have a trojan lurking around on my laptop, it's lost the menu bar and all sorts.

it doesn't work on firefox for me, anyone else know more?
deian

Post by deian »

I got on it.

Really good site, got the whole article on changing spark plugs and timing belts... the tensioner mechanism is £400+!!!.

The electrical diagrams are good too, they actually show a picture of where the wires are in the car! Not sure about the colour codes though, french i resume? So green could be V?

Well worth the money, better to get long access to download what you can.
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Have you got the Google toolbar (free license) installed ?
This will keep out any pop-ups until you click the pop-up counter while on the site. From then on this site will be allowed to send pop-ups.

Also I recommand you try Firefox mozilla browser (free license). Its somewhat diferent from IE here & there, but once you know its ins and outs - I find it better than IE.
I still have IE6 though - so I can switch when a website demands it.

I have not yet tried IE7 as pr advice from others who tried it. Too many wrinkles when using it on most PC's.
deian

Post by deian »

I use Firefox all the time, but the citroen service site doesn't seem to work on it for me. It only worked on IE for me. IE 7 isn't too good in my opinion, well not better than firefox 2 anyway.

Do you use the site on firefox?

EDIT: it works on firefox, excecp that IsoView plugin? How is it for you Anders
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Not tried firefox on Citroen service net. Will do later on.

Edit : just tried with Firefox. Unlike IE with google toolbar, firefox itself has a pop-up killer (showing a message line at top), which must be told if the site is ok to do pop-ups.
After doing that I got up the usual windows from servicenet no problems.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

deian wrote:Not sure about the colour codes though, french i resume? So green could be V?
VE=green
NR=black
BA=white
BE=blue
MR=brown
RG=red
GR=grey
JN=yellow
RS=pink
VI=violet
OR=orange
BG=beige
deian

Post by deian »

AndersDK wrote:Not tried firefox on Citroen service net. Will do later on.

Edit : just tried with Firefox. Unlike IE with google toolbar, firefox itself has a pop-up killer (showing a message line at top), which must be told if the site is ok to do pop-ups.
After doing that I got up the usual windows from servicenet no problems.
Even with the drawings?... because you need that isoview plugin? the drawings don't work for me. Did you do anything special?
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Ahaa -

So thats the real problem. No I have not yet spent the 3€ trying that.

How did you save the drawings once you got access ?

On the old PRnet it was simply to right click on the image, then select copy, then paste it onto your HD.
Alternatively you can copy the URL, paste it into your address field and then save the image file.

The drawings on PRnet were .jpg format. Not the case on serviceNet ?
Ross_K
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2009 Citroen C5 VTR+ HDi 1.6
2004 Toyota Prius
2004 Alfa Romeo 156 1.6 Twin Spark

Post by Ross_K »

AndersDK wrote:How did you save the drawings once you got access ?

On the old PRnet it was simply to right click on the image, then select copy, then paste it onto your HD.
Alternatively you can copy the URL, paste it into your address field and then save the image file.

The drawings on PRnet were .jpg format. Not the case on serviceNet ?
You need the Isoview browser plugin for IE installed to view the drawings now. I don't think a Firefox version of the plugin exists.

I've installed the full version of Adobe Acrobat so I can make PDFs of the pages I need.

Seems to work fine:
http://www.mediafire.com/?1zuyymmjytz
ImageImage
wonderd

Post by wonderd »

is there a way to get to the part numbers without paying? isn't registering enough? (i don't want no articles and no procedures, just drawings of parts and numbers.
Xantia 2.0L 16V manual trans. 96
Xantia 1.9L TD 99
deian

Post by deian »

No, i don't think so, you only get access to the commercial section. Citroen will make a bit of money on this service. 3euro isn't too bad for an hours access.
wonderd

Post by wonderd »

It's the principle of the matter, citroen makes enough money from us without adding that, there is no reason in the world to pay money in order to find a part number that i need to buy from them.
Xantia 2.0L 16V manual trans. 96
Xantia 1.9L TD 99