Cannot get rear door open HELP/Advice please

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

simonelsey
My Cars:

Cannot get rear door open HELP/Advice please

Post by simonelsey »

Right , My rear passenger door driver side will not open , Ive got the panel removed have pocked and prodded .But still locked

The bars inside move , but the door is still locked.

I can hear the central locking working .

The door cannot be open from the outside , door cannot be open from inside .

What Do I do ..
2.0 hdi xsara estate been a pain but starting to look like a good buy
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Simon are you sure you have proper access to the actuator rods, not just bending the rods you can see ?
It might be necessary to remove the offended seat to get the ultimate access to the locks mechanism.

Pressing in and firmly jerk up/down on the door from the outside while lock is operated may sometimes hit your lock-luck :!:

You will have to go very far trying to unlock the door, as the alternative is to damage the door removing it :roll:
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
simonelsey
My Cars:

Post by simonelsey »

Anders , The bars are moving ok , not bending . Ive removed the inner panel ok , and manage to unplug the power /control leads to motor/lock , repluged the leads in and tried still the same .

Saying I can hear the motor turn it does sound different to the other side .So belive the motor may not be working correctly .

Bit stuffed really .

When it went wrong did here a clong .

I have full access to the inner of the door as its the rear passenger
2.0 hdi xsara estate been a pain but starting to look like a good buy
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Its one of those jobs you really not wants to mess with - I know :(

I had a CX-parts car which had a similar problem. I solved it by removing another lock and study in detail how it functions, then I managed after several tries to get in the right place and force open the plunger. Nothing was broken however. The lock was simply dry-locked.

As I understand it you are pretty sure something has broken ?
slim123

Post by slim123 »

Easy Peasy !!!

Now that you have the panel off, leave well alone and get youself a new door lock unit, quite expensive from Citroen but cheap enough at the scrappys.

Once armed with a new bit, get a long sharp bar and smash up the old lock inside the door itself, eventually you will be able to flick it open and get to the securing screws, then it's just a case of replacement.

I would suggest a pair of safety specs when smashing the lock out as the plastic is very brittle and flys (I got a bit in the eye once)

Regards
Slim.
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Yeah - get a bigger hammer :lol:

Seriously Slim - are later generation PSA doorlocks in general made of plastic ?
As that certainly makes a previously nuisance of a job easy peasy :wink:
slim123

Post by slim123 »

Hi Anders.

Yes the Xantia door locks are mainly a plastic casing with a few metal clips, levers and springs etc. Lots of them jam up too.

Regards
Slim.

PS My sons peugot 306 runs like fun now.